We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA requirements

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA requirements

We are arriving in the USA just one day before our current ESTA travel documents expire. Are we required to hold valid ESTA documents for the duration of our 16 day holiday?

I can't find the answer to my query on any related ESTA websites so I hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Fife
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA requirements

The esta is just for arrival so you are ok.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA requirements

Previous reply is correct; official answer is here: https:/…1223 .

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA requirements

Thanks for your prompt replies.

That link 'mattInTO' i s exactly what I was searching for but I obviously didn't search in the right place!!!

Cheers.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA requirements

personally, i would renew it , would be a pain if flights were delayed for 24 hours or u were delayed in airport for whatever reason, i certainly wouldnt leave it that near to the mark !!

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,706 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESTA requirements

I agree with tfizzengland - all you need is a few hours delay and you will be stuck as I am do not think the USA will be at all flexible on this. Better safe than sorry:)) Have a great trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ESTA requirements

It's no big deal or cost to renew. I would. One day is cutting it fine.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ESTA requirements

There is a small cost for an Esta now but I agree that it would be worth it.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ESTA requirements

That would be two days, the day before and the day of expiration which also counts.

9. Re: ESTA requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:40