We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar from Auckland to Singapore Direct Business Class

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar from Auckland to Singapore Direct Business Class

Has anyone flown Jetstar out of New Zealand to Singapore? Business Class?

I have never used Jetstar and they have cheap deals also good Business Class deals but would like some feedback before booking.

Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar from Auckland to Singapore Direct Business Class

If no one can help you from personal experience here, check airlinequality.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar from Auckland to Singapore Direct Business Class

I've used their "Business" class a few times MEL-BKK. The product from AKL is near-identical.

My thoughts: It's better than economy, even economy on a proper, full service airline BUT it ain't busniess class by any stretch of the imagination. 38" seat pitch and recliners is what most airlines offer as premium economy class. I find I can sleep marginally better in those seats than economy class seats on a night flight, but still don't sleep all that well. If you're in any row other than row 1, when the person in front of you reclines, your space becomes pretty tight. Catering is a small step up from economy class, but again nowhere near real business class standard. They are gradually rolling out proper seat-back entertainment, but chances are you'll be handed a clunky, portable unit with only half a dozen or so pedestrian Hollywood movies on it.

Having said all that, you get what you pay for - i.e. premium economy price for a premium economy product. It used to be that when they still called it Star Class, lounge access, biz class Qantas ff points and status credits were all part of the deal which were all definite sweeteners and made it genuinely good value, but now that you have to pay a helluva lot more for those things - which I'd consider bog-standard, compulsory business class perks - I struggle a bit to see the value in their business class product.

If it's the same price or cheaper than Singapore Airlines' (SQ) economy class, I'd opt for Jetstar "business" class, but it's not worth more than a few hundred dollar premium on the return trip over SQ's very good economy product. Presumably also SQ pilots don't bugger up landings into Singapore whilst texting on their iPhones and forgetting landing checks and lowering the gear. But I digress...

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar from Auckland to Singapore Direct Business Class

Haha, good point about the pilots, SydneyStephen...

4. Re: Jetstar from Auckland to Singapore Direct Business Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:42