We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

Hi Everyone,

I'm flying to Istanbul in July on one of Delta's 767-300ER Boeing's. Does anyone know if these have been equipped with AVOD or power outlets? I upgraded to Premium Economy in the hopes that this would increase my chances of an outlet and maybe a personal screen!

Thanks for you help.

Emily

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,368 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

Much better service/far better food/newer planes on Turkish!

Edited: 15 May 2012, 17:31
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
18,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

(i'm so glad to read this, i'm flying to istanbul from LAX in september on turkish--first time ever on that airline)

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

Delta started the refurb on these last summer. Not sure where it stands but as I recall they were supposed to have all of them finished by new. The refurbed aircraft will have AVOD throughout and AC/USB power in Economy Comfort.

FYI, I did fly 767s on DL in February and they were not upgraded. Hopefully they are all done by now.

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

Thanks, I'll keep my fingers crossed but knowing Delta I'm sure they're still behind!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

Yah, me too. I'm on one PDX-NRT next week and curious to see if it's upgraded. I'll report. I did JFK-SVO in February and it was old aircraft both ways.

We switched our company carrier from UA to DL four or five years ago so it meant a change from pretty nice 777s (IMO) to older 767s. But the new upgrade package looks to be really sweet - even in coach.

6. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 May 2012, 02:37
Edited: 21 May 2012, 02:37
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

Yah, Delta has chosen to be stealth in advising which aircraft have been upgraded, which I actually completely understand.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,368 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

FYI flew PDX-NRT today in 767-300ER - still old fashioned interior.

9. Re: Delta to Istanbul - 767-300ER

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:42