We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
225 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

Hi, We are a party of 6 and going in june Manchester to Arrecife, has anyone been on or have any info on the Thomas Cook airbus Manchester to Lanzarote 4-2-4 seat configured plane and how do TC board these planes is it front to back etc, we have booked and paid for seat choice for 6 seats one row from the back, 4 middle and 2 right side seats so we can recline them. We have read about seats being cramped and food being rubish and no choice and everyone rushing to get to seats but I have been told they allocate the rest of the unpaid seat choice seats to people as they check in, then board by seat numbers. Please give any info to stop us worrying lol. Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,273 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

4-2-4 has to be incorrect. I've not heard of any airline offering that. 2-4-2 maybe...

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,672 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

If you've got a 2-4-2 configuration you're on a Boeing 767 not an Airbus. Seats are preallocated so no rush for them. TC usually board by row number. Legroom is as good as any UK charter. If you've booked 2 side and 4 middle you're going to have people behind you, but not sure why you would want to recline on a 4 hour flight anyway?

seatplans.com/airlines/…B767-300-18

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

I would not have picked those seats as they are very near the loo's lot of traffic going on there!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
225 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

Cheers LeylandSunaddict, OOPPS I just thought all wide body planes were called airbuses, usually go to Spain mainland so this is the first time on a wider plane, and Re reclining seats its just as some of us have neck and back problems and reclining can give an alternative position to try and get some ease, and we thought the back row would be too close to the toilets and the queues, but we will be close to the back door for getting off and might not be as claustrophobic for those who are lol, we prefer not to be in the middle of the plane. We have booked food so hope some of it is edible but at least we will get a drink, we are going early morn and return teatime so one meal will be breakfast.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,672 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

You are unlikely to be able to get off the aircraft via the rear doors. They usually hook up to an airbridge in Lanzarote so probably front door.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,708 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

I've got no issue in booking seats at the back. Granted there is a loo close by but it's a four hour flight and wherever you sit people walk by you in the aisle - its a public space!

Edited: 16 May 2012, 19:36
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,672 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

There's 4 at the back of the 767, and only one at the front, so will no doubt be a busy area.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
225 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

Hi, I didnt have a say really to where we sit as hubby wanted the back of the plane for some reason, I personally would go for the front but anything for an easy life, lol, so its his choice so he has no one else to blame if its crowded, and there will be people walking up and down to the toilets wherever you sit. If they only let people off at the front then we will stay seated till most have exited the plane lol. Thanks to all for info.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
225 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

Hi, I have googled disembarking TC @ Arrecife Lanzarote and found this so we might not be left till last to disembark when we get to Lanzarote.... www.flickr.com/photos/lancashire/2076053926/

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
225 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchester to Lanzarote Thomas cook 4-2-4 seat airbus info

Hi sorry I did mean 2-4-2 configured