We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to book to mombasa from europe

uk
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how to book to mombasa from europe

does any one know how i can book on national carries in europe to get to mombasa , ie on there own web sites as when i try from here i keep getting from heathrow , which im trying to see if its cheper than paying the apd duty from here

please pm me if you know

thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

Which sites are you trying on? Have you tried changing your language and/or country of departure?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

Go to a site like www.kayak.co.uk. They will let you input any departure airport.

Probably not worth it. By the time you factor in the cost of getting to the European airport on a separate ticket, any savings will have been eaten up and then some. Airlines like KLM make a business models of offering very attractive connecting fares, lower than flying direct from their hub airport.

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

Try looking at Ethiopian airlines from Brussels or Milan,with a connection in Addis,or Kenya airways with a Nairobi connection.

Personally I would go BA to Nairobi,and connect.Probably more reliable than the other 2.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
271 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

Don't know when you ae planning to go, but we have used Thomson for a holiday in Mombassa. I think you can book air only from them. We found thm to be very reasonable and the flight was not half bad.

www.thomson.co.uk

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

Try Kenya Airways, they fly from London, Paris and Amsterdam. Haven't used them for a while but one of the better African Carriers.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

Most of the websites allow you to change your departure country from somewhere on their homepage

BA for example is to the right of "executive club"

KLM at the top of the page where it says - em - "change country and language".

But frankly I wouldn't risk it unless you are willing to stay overnight in your chosen departure country as the cost of missing the flight will be a brand new ticket at full price. And by staying overnight you lose most of the savings you are trying to make.

7. Re: how to book to mombasa from europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:17