We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opodo UK

australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Opodo UK

I recently used Opodo to purchase tickets from Sydney Australia to New York return and I must say I was hessitant after reading all the negative reviews pertaining to their service. They offered the cheapest fare online and I saved $2500 for a family of 6. I could not believe the airfare price but took a gamble and my tickets were confirmed with Qantas within minutes. Also I noticed a discrepancy in the payment and sent them an email. Within 24 hours they replied and cleared up the problem. Lesson learned today. Don't read into people's negative reviews too much as it seems businesses like Opodo get misrepresented by these reviews, thereby altering your decision in pursue of a cheap airfare and possibly missing out.

1,250 replies to this topic
11. Re: Opodo UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2012, 00:17

aberdeen
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Opodo UK

We used Opodo to book separate flights between the UK and Canada. Both flights were subsequently changed by Opodo, one to a schedule that could not be achieved with 5 minutes between flights at Heathrow and different terminals. Cancelling these flights was possible - with a fee of more than 300CAD per person. Replies to emails took well over a week. I will not use Opodo again.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,931 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Opodo UK

"Both flights were subsequently changed by Opodo, one to a schedule that could not be achieved with 5 minutes between flights at Heathrow and different terminals."

___

Opodo don't change flights. The airline does.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Opodo UK

Booking separate tickets is always a risk and it's entirely up to you if you wish to take it. It's neither the airline nor Opodo's fault that you gambled and lost.

Edited: 05 August 2012, 13:33
aberdeen
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Opodo UK

Both flights - different flights on different dates - changed and a refund not really possible? That's not a gamble it's a certainty. I won't ever take that 'gamble' again.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,856 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Opodo UK

michelinAberdeen... still, neither flight was changed by Opodo. They don't have the power to do that. They are only the guy on the street hooking you up with tickets to the concert. They do not control the music being played.

But you are correct... staying away from third parties will keep you away from their rules and fees... though a refund should be available if your dates were changed on you.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Opodo UK

Sorry, mybe I misunderstood you when you said you booked separate flights. I thought you meant you booked a connection with two separate tickets. I take it that's not the case then?

If you book a flight and there's a schedule change resulting in an illegal connection time, you should be offered rebooking free-of-charge. Did Opodo not offer that?

Edited: 05 August 2012, 15:22
aberdeen
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Opodo UK

Two entirely separate journeys on different dates.

Both were changed and rebooked, however the alternate flights would have been around 100GBP cheaper had I chosen that option when I first booked the flights. No refund has been offered for this and if I wanted to cancel the flights it would cost me well over 300CAD.

Rebooking of the flights required a telephone call from Canada - at international call rates - because they do not reply to emails.

I am fully aware that airlines change flights and not Opodo, but I paid Opodo and if I approach the airlines involved they would refer me back to Opodo. The 'service' from Opodo is very poor.

Never, never again.

Edited: 05 August 2012, 21:15
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Opodo UK

"if I approach the airlines involved they would refer me back to Opodo. "

Yes, that's how it works when you book from a 3rd party booker. You are tied to the terms and conditions imposed by the airline. If they choose not to offer a refund in case of schedule changes Opodo can do nothing about that. I always recommend that people book straight from the airline anyway but I struggle to see what Opodo could have done differently.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Opodo UK

Well you began by stating that Opodo changed your flights, do you at least accept that this was done by the airline or airlines? Therefore you cannot hold them responsible for this?

There are ways of calling Canada that don't have to cost you a small fortune and I'm guessing the situation was resolved by booking alternate flights on one of your legs.

Reply to: Opodo UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted