We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opodo UK

australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Opodo UK

I recently used Opodo to purchase tickets from Sydney Australia to New York return and I must say I was hessitant after reading all the negative reviews pertaining to their service. They offered the cheapest fare online and I saved $2500 for a family of 6. I could not believe the airfare price but took a gamble and my tickets were confirmed with Qantas within minutes. Also I noticed a discrepancy in the payment and sent them an email. Within 24 hours they replied and cleared up the problem. Lesson learned today. Don't read into people's negative reviews too much as it seems businesses like Opodo get misrepresented by these reviews, thereby altering your decision in pursue of a cheap airfare and possibly missing out.

1,121 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Opodo UK

If you absolutely know what you want, maybe use Opodo, but if you think you might need any help afterwards, steer clear.

===========

James, there are many reasons, some out of your control, why you may need help afterwards. Steer clear

62. Re: Opodo UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 05:35

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Opodo UK

Bad service no customer service.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Opodo UK

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Opodo UK

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
66. Re: Opodo UK

Do not book any flights through opodo!

My husband and I booked our honeymoon flights with them and received a "preliminary" confirmation, then after calling and emailing received a full confirmation with confirmation number and flight details. Only after realising that my credit card had not been charged about 3 weeks later, we contacted opodo again. In total we spent 4 hours on the phone to them, sent 6 emails until we finally got told 3 weeks after contacting them that there was no booking! We had to book our flights again with the airline directly, and by the time we found out that there was no booking, the flight prices had gone up. Do not book through opodo, truly awful experience.

Newcastle, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
67. Re: Opodo UK

We were also charged the same amount again by EDreams - it just appeared on our credit card statement. After contacting our credit card company it was removed.

We are currently battling with Opodo for excessive credit card charging - their FAQs say 2% plus £1 or £2 - we were charged double!!! I will not be using Opodo again ever.

The message is read your statement.

P.S. North Tyneside

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Opodo UK

I wanted to give you a review of the famous travel agency OPODO. I booked two flights to Croatia . When we arrived at Gatwick, we found the airline has changed airport. OPODO didn't inform us. We are flying another day instead as we received support from Croatia Airline. OPODO did not inform us, did not offer any help, any compensation for the extra expenses ( the lost day, hotel and parking in Gatwick), no customer services, and expensive telephone conversation ( #0871....). OPODO DID NOT GIVE A SH1..T. THEY REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: Opodo UK

First of all, its ALWAYS your responsibility to check your flights and not just turn up at the airport expecting it to be what it was when you booked possibly many months previously.

No airline or third party can guarantee that an email will get through to you, and many of them are pretty shoddy about contacting customers.

Second, the fact is you don't know that Opodo did not notify you, it may be your email system lost it. You also don't know that Croatia Airlines may not have informed Opodo.

Third, you should have checked in online (if you can with CA?) the day before, but at the very least you should have double checked flight times the day before, this woudl have alerted you to change of airport.

Fourth, Opodo was taken over by eDreams and therefore should be avoided at all costs, but this is nothing to do with your issue.

Fifth, because even if you booked first class with a top rated airline, its always your responsibility to check, you cannot, and therefore should not, rely on email

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
70. Re: Opodo UK

Tried to book flight tickets for a family holiday via opodo, the website said the transaction could not be completed and each time I re-booked - as was suggested on the website - the price increased by about 10%

After three times I contacted the actual airline and they told me the flights had been reserved and suggested I call opodo customer services the next day to confirm

I called opodo the next morning and waited for around 10 minutes on hold, after this I spoke to someone, explained the situaiton and cancelled the booking

A week later and my credit card shows three payments, all in excess of £1000. I call their customer services and have to wait for 30 minutes on hold before I can speak to someone

I then explain the situation and ask for email confirmation that all three payments will be cancelled, I get told the cancellation may take 15 days and after providing my credit card number, an email arrives confirming the three payments will be cancelled

Two days later I check and only two payments have been cancelled, so I write an email to customer service and get told again that it may take 15 days. I reply saying that two payments have already been cancelled, where is the third?

After asking for my credit card number once more, I am told that third payment has now also been cancelled and may take up to 15 days

So - their website cancelled my booking three times, saying that the booking couldn't be made, I called up to find out what had happened and cancelled the booking, which they confirmed, but, they still took almost £4000 off my credit card. I have now had to spend 40 minutes on hold to their call centre, and send several emails to get the money back. Had I waited 15 days - i.e. three work weeks - I would have been charged even more interest on the £4000 than I already have. As it is I have spent almost an hour on hold trying to get money back that opodo had no right to take in the first place

Frankly I am appalled, do not use opodo

Reply to: Opodo UK
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted