We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair, no email confirmation

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ryanair, no email confirmation

I recently booked a 1 way ticket on Ryanair from Rome to Stansted. We never received an email confirmation but Ryanair did charge our credit card and when I go into our system our flights are there as "confirmed". However, it is pretty clear on their website that if you didn't get. An email confirmation your flight is Not confirmed. So what to do? I'm in the us so calling them is difficult (and I've heard expensive) has this happened to anyone else and their flight was ok or not ok? Just wondering if it is worth the time and effort to get in touch with ryanair which I know is a pain.

And yes, we knew Ryanair was liked this before we booked but we needed the cheapest option and this was it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

have you looked in your spam or junk mail folders?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

Yes, several times.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

I think you'll be fine but of course I can't be sure. I've always gotten email confirmation right away. When is your flight? If it's soon you could wait until the online check in opens and see if you can check in and print your boarding passes.

If it's still a while away I would call their service desk. Lots of good reports on it actually. Just use skype or something similar so it won't cost a lot.

Nothing wrong with Ryan Air btw as long as you stick to their luggage allowance and check in online.

Newcastle, England...
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

Bite the bullet and call them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

>and when I go into our system our flights are there as "confirmed<

Sorry what do you mean "our" system. If you have electronic tickets and the PNR and can see it it in "their " system, you will be fine. If not, then phone them, as " your" system is not relevant.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

Just re read my post. Typing from my iPhone which often autocorrects.

I meant to say I went onto ryanair's website and our reservation is In their system as "confirmed" but right next to it on the confirmation page it says that "your reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email". Hence the question to call or not.

I tried calling the "rest of world" phone number through Skype to go, but it would not "connect to that country", even though It's a uk number (from the country code) but since it is a fee number perhaps you can't use Skype. Not sure.

So yes we have a record locator number (pnr?) but it would be a disaster to get to the airport and find that we somehow needed this email.

So question remains: should we assume all is okay even though we got no email or try to call?

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

Could you have entered your e mail address incorrectly??

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

have a read here.

ryanair.com/en/questions/i-have-not-received…

you can also google 'ryanair say's confirmed but no email'. common problem it would seem.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

Yes, I have entered the email correctly, I needed it to pull up the reservation.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair, no email confirmation

If you can look up your booking on the Ryanair website and it says confirmed I wouldn't personally be worried about anything,