We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad

West Midlands
Level Contributor
428 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Etihad

Hi there

Has anybody flown with Etihad lately. We are flying Heathrow to Bangkok in 2 weeks time. Can anyone tell me what films are playing at the moment on the plane?

Thanks

Jo x

78 replies to this topic
31. Re: Etihad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 18:05

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Etihad

We are travelling Sydney, Abu Dhabi, Milan in May. Stopping 2 nights in Abu Dhabi. After reading some comments I am concerned. Any comments or tips please. Lyn

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Etihad

Not sure if this has been posted but does anyone have comments or tips for a flight to Milan from Sydney stopping 2nights in Abu Dhabi. The poor reviews are making me nervous. Lyn

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Etihad

It's not really clear what sort of "tips" you are after, you are on some standard plane flights, nothing unusual.

The only tip I can think of, is to be sure to check in online as soon as checkin opens, usually 24 hours before. Don't wait until you get to the airport. I suppose another tip would be, take some snacks on the plane if you think you'll get hungry or might not like the food.

Another tip would be, for future questions, please start a new thread rather than tag onto the end of such an old post (2 years old) especially when the question is nothing to do with yours.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 07:58
Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Etihad

Thank you for the ideas. I am new to this system but will catch on soon. I hope! Lyn

Seattle, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Etihad

We were flying from Seattle to Colombo on a ticket issued by America Airlines. AA issued boarding passes for ORD-AUH sector in Seattle. We went to the gate in Chicago an hour before their usual 8.00pm departure. Then they announced that the flight was delayed and will be leaving at 9.00pm. So we walked over the the Italian cafe couple of meters away to grab a bite. After about 45 mins we heard the boarding announcement and we lined up to board.

Agent sidelined us and that they have offloaded us as they apparently called all the pax with AA boarding passes but we didn't respond. When this was happening about they were still boarding other people. We did not hear the announcement after we arrived at the gate. EY gate staff admitted that they did not page our names.

I pleaded with the Duty Manager to let us in as I was traveling for my Dad's funeral. Although some staff were ready to make the change the Duty Manager came up with a story that we were only booked for the following days flight. It was a made up story as all our documents confirmed the same day connection.

I believe they closed the flight early and offloaded us so that they could make their usual shift hours in spite of the delay. Usually any airline accepts passengers during boarding.

Moral of the story, try to avoid this airline especially out of Chicago if possible as they have staff who is only interested in their well being as opposed to those of the customers. If you happen to use them due to an interline arrangement, check in at the gate make sure everything is okay.

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
875 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Etihad

Hi RegH_20145,

Welcome to tripadvisor, I'm sorry for what you had to go through, but when making comments try to keep them within the scope of the original question asked, "Etihad" (Heathrow to Bangkok). Please start a new thread if you have a question or comment in rearguards to your experience with AA.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Etihad

RegH, now I am worried about my trip this summer, I am flying on AA ticket, but ORD to AUH segment is on Eithad. Summer is busy time of the year, and mostly all flights are full.

39. Re: Etihad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 17:05

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2,982 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Etihad

Why is this thread still running? OP posted 30 May 2012 and flew two weeks later. She's been and gone a long time ago. For me Etihad are an excellent well organised airline with a very good airport at Abu Dhabi.

Reply to: Etihad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted