We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

Hi, I am travelling Business Class Melbourne (Australia) to Nadi (Fiji) on a Qantas 737-800. Has anyone had any experience with business on these planes? Is it worth it? How does it compare to other business classes? Can you lie down flat?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

seatguru.com/airlines/Qantas_Airways/Qantas_…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

Hi Brendan,

We flew in Business class from MEL-NAN return in April. It is actually Air Pacific metal, of which Qantas is a major shareholder. As per seat Guru link from Lien above it is essentially a domestic cabin 737-800 - no lie flat beds or anything like that ! - same cabin you would fly MEL -SYD on !

On arrival at Melbourne airport on the way out we were informed that our aircraft had returned to Nadi with hydraulic problems and that our flight was cancelled as a result. - AP don't have many aircraft, so if one becomes U/S then you probably won't fly as scheduled.

I contacted my agent who arranged for us to fly Virgin premium economy MEL - NAN the next morning.

The DJ flight was a 737-800 also and premium economy gave us the same seating and benefits as the QF/AP business class, but at 1/3 of the price ! - I know this because we flew NAN - MEL on QF/AP on the way home so we got to experience both cabins.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and switch to Virgin premium economy if you have not already ticketed. - They also have more aircraft available than AP so if an aircraft is U/S you will still probably get to fly !

PS - 7 weeks later still waiting for refund for outbound flight !

PSS I am a QF Platinum FF which is why i chose to fly AP, but i wouldn't do it again unless it was QF metal and INTL business class cabin.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

Metal, first time I have heard that expression. Love it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

Hey Naej,

Is that Grange Hermitage in your photo? - Wouldn't mind a glass if it is !

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

I doubt it very much. It was a photo I got off of this site not one I had loaded on.

Anyhow just changed the drinks to a cocktail. Cheers.

6. Re: I am travelling business class Melb-Nadi on a 737-800

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 15:42