We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways - never again - a disgrace

uk
Level Contributor
14 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways - never again - a disgrace

Has anybody had any luck in getting some form of compensation from British Airways? All I get is platitudes. I paid extra for bulkhead seats on a long haul flight and didn't get the seats. Not only that but the BA plane on the return leg was disgusting. We were right next to the toilets and the smell of stale urine was overpowering the whole ten and a half hours. The plane was antiquated and the "entertainment system" was dysfunctional. So far I haven't even managed to get a refund of the extra I paid for the seats I didn't get. Does anyone have any tips? I will do my best never to fly BA again

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

What jackie said, these car rental companies always try to sell you an upgrade on the day, all you have to do is accept,and I bet wont cost anywhere near the £550 !

Anyway, AFAICS its all good for me, the number of hopelessly irrational people I might end up next to on my next BA flight is diminishing all the time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

Every cloud has a silver lining,,,:-))

Blimey, someone stop me!!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

coming to this thread late and don't know if I have anything to add to it but our experience flying BA last December 2012. We have no major issues or complaints, just observations on the state of BA.

Hadn't flown BA in about ten years because we signed on with United's ff mileage program. After their merger there was really no point in going on with that, but I digress.

BA's seats felt much tighter than remembered and harder on the bum, plus the econ cabin from IAD to LHR was in the hated 3-3-3 config. But to be fair most planes are like that now.

The plane seemed "tired" and well-used, the crew was fabulous, better than anything we've ever had at United or Virgin. Maybe the Christmas spirit was upon them!

Bathrooms, movies and food just adequate at best. Did not seem like a premium airline, or one of the big boys.

Kind of felt like a school bus in the sky. And altho it wasn't horrible and we were delivered safely to our destinations, don't think we'll go to school on BA again.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

Hi

I had a couple of bad experiences with BA a few years ago and tended to avoid them, but for my trip to Atlanta last year they were the best option.

I flew WT+ in both directions and I cannot praise them enough. The food was okay, the crew attentive, IFE brilliant, and the seats comfortable.

For that particular trip, which I intend to make every year, BA will definitely be my airline of choice.

Jackie

And Joe you are right about offering car upgrades which I always refuse but sometimes get because that is all they have left. I hire maybe ten times a year.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

Now I would be stuck with that small car, We have to travel across Spain. Holidays ruined.

============================

Asif S. What a ridiculous complaint.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor

Just pre-empting the inevitable :-)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

I can top that! On a recent flight from Edinburgh to London Heathrow (business class ticket on British Air) our flight was diverted to Stanstead. Fine, that can happen. But what came next is UNBELIEVABLE. An agent appeared and told us that we would all need to make our own way however we best could, to Heathrow. An entire planeload of passengers just dumped in a different location - many with onward flights, many who did not speak English. Incredible but true, we all had to find taxis or buses or trains and see how we could somehow get ourselves to Heathrow - I had to pay 150 pounds for the taxi - then I had to find my own accommodations in a hotel near the airport - then I had to call my office in the U.S. to rebook me for the next day - British Airways did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help any of us. I don't think what they did is even legal - I don't think they can dump you at a different location from what they ticketed you to and leave you to your own devices?

wokingham
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
87. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

Try flying with Singapore Airlines,Qatar,Air New Zealand or Qantas-then you will really understand why BA isn't in the top ten airlines for comfort,polite and helpful crew,lost luggage etc etc.

88. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 02:35
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

chris if you hang around here long enough you'll see there's also rants for all the airlines you listed, sometimes there's days when things just don't seem to go right for you and the people here always tend to blame the airline.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: British Airways - never again - a disgrace

>>>chris if you hang around here long enough you'll see there's also rants for all the airlines you listed, sometimes there's days when things just don't seem to go right for you and the people here always tend to blame the airline<<<

100%

And not just the airlines, everybody everything and everything else who happen to come across their path.

Edited: 06 September 2013, 19:17