We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

I've noticed something of great interest on the Ryanair booking system which will help to see what routes will and will not operate this winter. To do this select a flight route, and date within the winter schedule time (for pure ease always select a return flight exactly a week after to one going out) and search for flights. Enter the captcha and then on the next page, the slected date is highlighted in yellow in the calendar bars with three alternative days either side.

If flights are shown obviously the route will operate.

If it says no flights are available for all days of the week you can't tell whether the route won't fly at all or just isn't for sale yet, right? Well infact you can. If the days selected for outbound and inbound flights (highlighted in yellow) are both centralised (with three alternative days either side) on the calendar bars for both outbound and invound flights, it means that they plant ot operate this route at least once at some point of this week but just isn't yet on sale. Sadly there is no way of telling which day(s) or times of the day it will operate or how many times each day or week. It just shows that Ryanair is aplanning to fly the route at least once at some time in that week.

If the outward flight highlights the first day shown in the callendar bar (with the alternative days being the six ahead rather than three each side) but the inbound one is on the centrallised date that you selected (and shows 3 alternative days to either side like before), this means that no flights will operate at all and Ryanair are not planning to offer this route at this time.

I know this whole concept seems really bizzare and probably not intended by Ryanair and could be a glitch of some sort but it is generally accurate although is liable to change. Just use it as a guide as to whether a route you are planning to book will fly or not, never use this concept to book accommodation dates that you cannot later change just incase it does change, albeit unlikely to do so.

There seems to be a few people interested in services to the Canary Islands from the UK. According to this concept I've discovered, the following Canary Island routes will not operate in the winter season, all other UK to Canary Island routes should operate at least once a week this winter. Remember this could change but this is how it stands at the moment:

Bournemouth - All Canary Islands

Doncaster - Tenerife-South

Edinburgh - Fuerteventura

Liverpool - Gran Canaria

London (Luton) - Fuerteventura

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

"If flights are shown obviously the route will operate."

Not necessarily. Ryanair have been known to cancel routes at very short notice for a variety of reasons, including disappointing load factors and disputes with the airport authorities.

So just because a rout is offered now for this winter doesn't mean it will actually operate.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,398 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

Is there a bit of a Ryanair obsession going on here!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

Well yes but what I mean is that they plan to operate it and do so even if it says no flights available fo that entire week with alternative days shown 3 days either side of the selected date (highlighted in yellow). Its only if the outbound flights has the first day highlighted in yellow with the alternative days being six days ahead rather than 3 each side that they don't even plan to operate it at all but like I say, this can change but is unlikely.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

LeylandSunaddict

No not really. I just noticed this by chance a while ago and find it useful. It means I no longer worry about flights being axed when in fact just aren't on sale yet and know that I'm not wasting my time waiting for flights that are never going to operate. I know alot of people get concerned about routes being axed so I thought it would be worth pointing out and saves people the worry of flights being axed whenthey may simply not yet be on sale. Alot of people are dependent on flight routes so may be a big deal to them if they were to go.

Edited: 02 June 2012, 16:07
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

But Andy M flights might still be cancelled. Just because they are on sale now is no guarantee that they will not be axed and customers will be given refunds.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

Of course, that's the case for every airline. Alll things considered though, if a route is listed it is highly likely to be flown.

7. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 June 2012, 00:05
Edited: 03 June 2012, 00:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

Erh,, no need to get arsey about it...

9. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 June 2012, 21:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What Ryanair routes operate this winter? find out yourself!

But calm, really, it's just a forum. Sometimes what we write is very obvious to us, as we know what we mean, but it can read quite differently to others, so people are just pointing out some facts that you may see as obvious, but actually, are not, from your post, even though you may have meant them to be or think they are.

To be honest, people skim long posts, they don't hang on every word,,,so I also read you were trying to say if it was offered it would happen..as I got bored by the time you said it was a guide.

Really no need to be arsey as this thread has actually only been positive, no thick people.

Trust me, you know the thickies when you see them and they have not posted here, so don't be so sensitive.