We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change in # of stops and a seating question

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
954 posts
19 reviews
Change in # of stops and a seating question

My daughter always makes my flight arrangements but this this time I thought how hard can it be so I am trying to do this on my own. My first question is: I could have sworn my Delta flight 2167 on Jan 12, '13 had only one stop in SLC before going on to HNL. today, there are 2 stops, LAX added and the flight gets in 3 hrs later. Do airlines add number of stops?

My second question: What exactly does economy comfort on Delta mean? In looking at the seating charts, it seemed to me that the only "free" seats are middle ones.

any help would be much appreciated.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: Change in # of stops and a seating question

Economy comfort gives you a few inches of extra legroom. The Delta site does a good job of explaining their product.

Airlines can a do change schedules and extra stops can be added. If it isn't good for you anylonger, you can call them and get changed to something better.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
954 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Change in # of stops and a seating question

Thank you. I haven't booked yet so will keep looking for a 1 stop flight. this is a bummer since the original flight fit my plans perfectly.

I'm only 5 ft tall so extra leg room isn't necessary.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
918 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Change in # of stops and a seating question

Are you certain of the flight number? DL2167 on Jan12, 2013 operates between Detroit Metro and Salt Lake City. It does not go to Honolulu. I would verify your original itinerary to what is currently booked by Delta. To answer your question, yes, airlines can and do frequently change schedules, including adding stops. Especially this far in advance of travel.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
954 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Change in # of stops and a seating question

Yes, 2167 does go to SLC, then I get on 1105 to HNL. that was the one stop.

I'm going to have to call them because I just did another search and the original flight plan was shown. It's obvious that I don't know what I'm doing so maybe the airline can straighten it or me out. thanks for helping.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,853 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Change in # of stops and a seating question

"will keep looking for a 1 stop flight."

Actually, flight 2167 operates from DTW to SLC, not BUF. If you go on the DL site, there's an option to select 1 stop or multi-stop. If you select one stop, the only combination is DL 1266 connecting to DL 837 in ATL. Do be aware, as previously noted, airlines change schedules all the time and just because your flight is a one stop today, it may not be tomorrow.

Airlines are not too proactive when it comes to notiying their passengers of schedule changes so be sure to check your flights at least weekly once booked. Also the nearer you get to your travel date, the closer you need to monitor your flights.

6. Re: Change in # of stops and a seating question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:41