We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babies in BA Club World

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
629 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Babies in BA Club World

Im not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but will give it a go. (up early with baby sin and Executive Club not open yet!).

My son and I will be flying to Dulles with BA (747) in Club with seats purchased via avios. my fare is 88000 avios, his 8000 plus taxes. He will be 7 months and since he is on my household account BA know he is under 2.

Am I correct in assuming he would be on my lap?

I dont recall ever seeing skycots in Club, never looked as not long been a parent, am I correct in assuming this too? Not been on the upperdeck for years, perhaps there are some stashed up there?!?

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Babies in BA Club World

There are cot seats in Club World, one on the main deck and one upstairs. 64A is the cot seat on the UD; downstairs it's 20E.

Both of these seats are rear-facing. 64A is, as you may know, near the galley, washroom and stairs, but access to the aisle is such that you would not have to step over the legs of the person in 64B.

You would need not step over anyone should you choose 20E either, but I don't know how much room there is between the footstool and the bulkhead there - it might be a bit of a breathe in and shimmy through kind of fit.

Does Master 30 have a separate booking and PNR? He may be eligible for his own seat if so; you should be able to choose your seat at T-7 days in any event.

There are quiet areas in the Galleries lounges at T5 as well, especially the larger South lounge. If you make your way from the food and drink area near the entrance towards the cinema you'll find squashy chairs and sofas where the two of you can relax a bit before boarding the flight.

With a Club World booking and HHA membership there's nothing like ensuring Master 30 will have a taste for the good life from a young age, lucky wee chap. I hope you both enjoy every minute of the journey.

England
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Babies in BA Club World

I believe that 64A on the upper deck was used as a COT SEAT prior to having the option for advance payment of seats. Seat 64a was open for seat selection for advance booking for additional payment OF £80 on a recent flight that I booked from LHR to LAX and BA Customer Services assured me that this is no longer designated as a COT seat and I would not be asked to move to accommodate parents with babies. I believe that there is a COT seat on the main deck Row 20 as this was already blocked off at seat selection 9 months in advance. I hope you get sorted and you both have a fantastic flight!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Babies in BA Club World

Does Master 30 have a separate booking and PNR? He may be eligible for his own seat Does Master 30 have a separate booking and PNR? He may be eligible for his own seat if so; you should be able to choose your seat at T-7 days in any event.

================

I very much doubt that TP, if he is flying at10% the adult fare, thats a lap baby surely ?

Also, I thought parents could choose seats at T-3 not 7 ???

Edited: 27 June 2012, 20:18
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Babies in BA Club World

Holiday Queen shares my understanding, i.e. whilst the tray to put your child on (sorry, don't have one, so not au fait with the language!) is still there at 64A, it is no longer a specially designated seat for those travelling with a wean - anyone can book it, and shouldn't be asked to give it up.

5. Re: Babies in BA Club World

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:15