We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

Just wondering if anybody can shed some light on whether the flight operator (US Airways in this instance) provides you with the immigration/Visa papers you have to fill in and hand part of in at customs when travellling to Mexico (Cancun).

Normally travel direct from UK and the flight operators hand these out as you board the plane. This time going indirect via Las Vegas/Charlotte so do they do the same thing??

Would prefer to avoid filling these in when at Cancun airport!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,590 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

In most cases you will be issued with the relevant US Customs forms shortly before landing in the US.

Visa Waiver Forms are no longer issued as you are required to obtain an ESTA prior to travel.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html…

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

Im talking about going from the US to Mexico.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,022 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

For Cancun, yes, when departing from the a US airport I've gotten my forms in advance, on the plane - to fill out.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

But I think Tom C97 has made a good point. Your original post suggests that you are travelling from the UK to make it an indirect flight to Mexico but think you still need an ESTA as travelling through US?

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

Sorry by indirect I mean Im staying in Vegas for a few nights, then continuing my trip down to Mexico.I already know about ESTA's for US travel and advanced passenger information for airlines etc.

Just wondered if you get the Mexican Visa/Immigration forms on board US chartered flights or you have to get them elsewhere to save potential hassle at Cancun airport.

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,466 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

I've always been given the Immigration forms on flights from the US to Mexico.

Assuming you are not a US citizen, I don't know if that matters or if the forms handed out on flights from the US are primarily for US citizens visiting Mexico. I have no idea, but I thought I would throw that out there. Do you need different Immigration forms than US citizens, idk?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

The same form is used for US and non US Citizens when flying from the US to Mexico. When you check in for the LAS-CUN flight, the check in clerk should give you the customs/immigrations forms. There are additional forms available on board should you either not get one from the check in clerk, or if you make a mistake filling out the original form, either at the airport, or on board the aircraft.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

Danny - ur right to try and save time at Cancun as the airport can be chaotic, Have a great trip.4 weeks to go for me ;-)

9. Re: US to Cancun - Immigration/Visa forms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:17