We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to paris from brisbane

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying to paris from brisbane

Undecided on what airline to use..??

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,522 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

Why are you undecided?

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

Thanks for sharing.

If you want people help you selecting you need to let us know your current choices and what you are looking for in an airline, routing etc.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

Not to mention travel class.

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

We are looking at emrites,singapore air,malaysianair as heard positive comments about them..we are travelling economy..planning to fly direct bris to paris and then a stop over on way back..any suggestions for a shopping stopover?

Edited: 06 June 2012, 22:04
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

Just the obvious, either fly with Singapore and stopover in Singapore, or fly Malaysian and stop over KL.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

im sure they know the stoppover names:) Maybe they were looking for advice on best place to shop! KL is easy and quite cheap and reasonable. Hong Kong is the same. Singapore has its markets as well. Depends i guess on what you want to buy!

Normally more info you give, better answers you will get!!

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,129 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

How important is cost vs travel time?

The cheapest option will be using one of the Chinese airlines like China Southern. But going via China is going to add hours to your travel time. For shopping you can't do better than Guangzhou but its not a particularly pretty city and of course for a stopover you would need to organize a Chinese visa - painful!

Malaysia, Singapore and Emirates are all good airlines. For shopping, I'd prefer Asia over the ME. Have a look at prices on all airlines and go with the cheapest. Check out a website like Webjet or Skyscanner for the best deals. Shopping is good in both KL and Singapore. With a strong $ compared to € shopping in Paris will be fun too.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

hi,

To help in your decision making process check out www.airlinequality.com to give you an idea of traveller's reviews of the respective airlines.

My choice would be 1. Singapore, then 2. Emirates, but that is just apersonal opinion.

Have a great trip !

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

We are looking at emrites,singapore air,malaysianair as heard positive comments about them..we are travelling economy..planning to fly direct bris to paris and then a stop over on way back..any suggestions for a shipping stopover?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,522 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying to paris from brisbane

I'm missing something here - you've already been given suggestions.