We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online check in problem with ryanair

Shrewsbury, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Online check in problem with ryanair

AM FLYING TO FARO 13 JUNE.EVERYTIME I TRY TO CHECK in i get as far as ticking security boxes click next and keep getting [internal server error] and cant get any further

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

1 very quick and easy solution: Works for me every time.

I. Never. Fly. Ryanair.

QED!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

I have just flown from Bournemouth to Majorca with Ryanair. I tried last night to do the online check in and got error on web page, this continued to this morning. I drove home from work and called the expensive 08 number and told them I had been getting an error, they talked me through it and I did not get an error this time but it was less than 4 hours before flight and would not let me online check in this time.

I was told they could not help me, but they would put a note on the system and I should ask at the airport desk. At the airport desk they did not help at all, instead charged me £70 to check in or I would not be allowed to get my flight. I was very upset as the flight was £31 and now I have paid £131 pounds. All they would give me was a PO Box address in Dublin to complain to... no email address. I am going to complain and request refund however I am expecting to have to go to the small claims court which will cost me £80 application fee. Apart from that the journey was okay.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

Hi

Leaving it till the night before was your big mistake. You had two weeks to check in and in that two weeks must have received several emails about this.

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

"and told them I had been getting an error, they talked me through it"

What was the issue?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

What was the issue?

====

By the sound of it, PEBCAK

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

I admit, I had to Google that :)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

ps re "going to the small claims court which will cost me £80 application fee." I think it will waste your £80, for two reasons (1) according to another poster here you need to sue them in Ireland, so suing them in the UK will be a waste, and (2) since it was apparently your error, what would your grounds for suing be?

Bardejov, Slovakia
2 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

Hi everybody,

i have problem with my check-in because I've lost my credit card and now I have to put in a number of the card for online check-in. Is there another possibility to make it? maybe with my passport number or anything else? thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

Don't you have your credit card number on a bank statement?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Online check in problem with ryanair

"i have problem with my check-in because I've lost my credit card and now I have to put in a number of the card for online check-in. Is there another possibility to make it? "

Sure, just pick one of the check-in options that doesn''t require your card number. There are two of them.