We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta airlines

tamworth,uk
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Delta airlines

hi

i just thought i would write a review for our recent flights with delta ,we have just come back from boston ma and flew out of heathrow on the 767 400 ,i have flown with virgin and ba recently and found to my surprise delta beats them both for service the plane was far better than virgins last year ,cleaner ,better seat back tv's and almost edible food .the staff seemed more friendly and efficent than either ba or virgin .so all in all well done delta i'm impressed and will book with you again

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Delta airlines

It's interesting to come across this. I'd never flown them before a recent trip to Paris and found I really liked the plane ( was comfortable and didn't feel cramped), the crew (who seemed to be enjoying their job!) and didn't feel like I was nickel and dimed the whole way. I would fly with them again if they're going my way. ;-D

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Delta airlines

You all are correct Attitude is the key, but I was not referring or complaining about the crew but rather how Delta runs their flights very lean vs International carriers

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Delta airlines

Swansee, what do you mean by lean - lean on crew, lean extra"s?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Delta airlines

I recently had a good experience with Delta, RIC-ATL-LHR-ATL-RIC. I sat in economy comfort on the TATL going over, and in regular economy coming back. Both areas were about as comfortable as one might expect in coach. The food was a pleasant surprise - in addition to the standard chicken or pasta, there was also an alternative - a green salad with cold grilled chicken, which was actually quite good. The IFE was on AVOD and worked well. And the FA's were friendly and efficient. The flights were uneventful.

I don't fly often, but when I do, it's usually Delta, due to both price and schedule considerations. I know that folks have poor experiences daily on probably every airline, but I've never had a bad flight with Delta. Even when I missed my flight to Paris due to weather a couple of years ago, Delta was helpful in getting me there the next day, and I considered that an unfortunate situation, not of Delta's making.

I flew BA once, and it was also a good experience, but their schedules usually don't work well for me, so I'll likely continue to choose Delta when I fly.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Delta airlines

By lean I mean they (Delta) didn't provide the same amenities etc. However, I must admit their planes were very clean.

I am glad I found a great airfare to Kenya on Lufthansa. It seems that almost every time I was searching for an airfare I kept getting Delta.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
96 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Delta airlines

Swansee, my experience with our recent flights with Delta was far above amenties I'd experienced with US Air internationally a couple of years ago, so I will say I am surprised. I keep wishing for my next flights Delta would come up instead of US Air. LOL

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Delta airlines

I believe tend to rate airlines just like we rate the countries we visit, based on our "own" experiences. I always get asked which is my favorite country and I don't have one specifically because they all have given me a different experience.

The airline is the same,mind you I have never complained about Delta's crew, since they didn't have an attitude just that the US carriers don't provide the same as International carriers. However, I do have my best experience and it was

SAS the best at the time.

Now I'm looking forward flying with Lufthansa again and short 2 hour flight with Ethiopian Air. I will let give a report upon my arrival

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Delta airlines

Does anyone know if there are seat back tvs on fly DL 117 STR-ATL ?

Edited: 18 April 2013, 00:00
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Delta airlines

wizwiz, you are better off to post your question as a new thread as opposed to taking it on to the end of somebody else's very old thread. People will jump in and try to answer the original question and not notice it was from June of last year. Plus, your post (and mine too) sends the original poster an email.

You might find the answer to your question at www.seatguru.com or on the delta website (look for inflight services).

Level Contributor
161 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Delta airlines

I am looking for current (2013) reviews of Delta transatlantic flights vs KLM or Air France in business first. We are using Delta award points to fly to Europe next winter and have choices to fly on Delta, KLM or Air France. I have been less than pleased with Air France business class on European connections but know nothing about KLM. I want the meals to be familiar (had horrible meals on Lufthansa 15 years ago) and also want the best experience in business first as far as comfort and amenities. We flew Business first on Continental two years ago with the pod seating and was unimpressed with their design. Are there preferable aircraft to look for and do any of these offer the best in entertainment, wifi, etc. We have flown Delta transatlantic first busines numerous times stand-by (daughter worked for Delta) since 2004 and while flights were comfortable, I know there are some newer features now and wonder which Delta/KLM/Air France aircraft may have them. thanks.