We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epipen at the airport

Epipen at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 10:36
Ledyard, Connecticut
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Epipen at the airport

Medical lanes and express services are for people with disabilities not allergies. These services are meant for people who have difficulty walking or standing due to a medical issue. Some "hidden" medical issues would be some people with heart conditions, arthritis, kidney disease, cancer, etc. that don't always manifest symptoms that are visible, but create issues walking, standing, or waiting in lines.

I too am allergic to bees, but I would never think that I should be in a medical line. If people with allergies are allowed to "cut the line" it will be clogged with those with peanut allergies, bee allergies, etc. causing longer lines and wait time those with more pressing issues.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,174 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Epipen at the airport

This post is from a year ago, and no one was asking about cutting the line. You missed the point entirely.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Epipen at the airport

...but I really enjoyed reading it again.

^

---

minnesota
Level Contributor
14 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Epipen at the airport

Medical Lane? I travel 100,000 miles annually and have never seen such a thing either. I travel with many folks with disabilities, and if they're in a wheelchair they have to bring them through a gate then do a physical inspection of them and their wheelchair.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,020 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Epipen at the airport

Everytime I see this thread I giggle at the title - sorry!

It sounds like Epipen is having an advernture at the airport, as in the kids books......

"Epipen at the airport".

Next: "What Epipen did next!"

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Epipen at the airport

I fly extensively and have never been asked about the Epipens or taken them out of my purse. Either they don't scan as looking like a weapon or they recognize them.

47. Re: Epipen at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 10:36
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Epipen at the airport

Elaine this post is two years old.

And next time please try a few paragraphs and some punctuation, since your post is close to unreadable.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,020 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Epipen at the airport

I can't understand a word of what you wrote either Elaine.

I've been carrying epipens for years and never used a fast track lane.

I think this thread is well past its sell by date.