We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

Manchester
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

I am thinking of booking Swiss Air flights from manchester to Bangkok next March with a transfer at Zurich and the options are an 6hour transfer time or an hour one. I don't really fancy sitting in Zurich airport for 6 hours but am worried that an hour might not be enough? All flights are with Swiss Air so we should get tickets all the way through...what do people think?

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

One hour should be plenty. You won't need to go through passport control. Just get off your plane, take the shuttle train to the E gates, go through security and board your next flight. I have done this quite a few times.

uk
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

All being well it should be sufficient time, I've made similar connections through Zurich. You won't have time to hang around however and need to get straight to your next gate.

It all comes down to your appetitie for risk and being happy with what would/could happen if you were to miss your connection.

If you're on one ticket Swiss will look after you if the connection is missed and will put you on the next flight to BKK with availability but this may not be the next day or they may reroute you via an alternative carrier. Would this be the end of the world for you? If so then you should play cautious and take the longer layover.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

Son did this route in March with the same time, piece of cake he said. BUT his Manchester flight left on time and landed 10 mins early. If you do encounter a delay, well as said above they will look after you. The reurt flight was via Frankfurt and again no problems.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 15:46
Virginia, USA
Level Contributor
596 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

I had a one hour connection at Zurich last week. It was a different route (Berlin - Zurich - Washington, DC). My flight landed late, leaving me about 50 minutes to departure. I had to switch to terminal E and also go through passport control since I was exiting Schengen. By the time I got to my gate, they were boarding the last group. I did make my flight and my checked bag also arrived on-time. It did feel very tight; I didn't have time to stop to buy a water or anything.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

Flew MAN-ZUR-TLV last year one hour connection with Swiss, no problems whatsoever, just don't dawdle. All staff at the airport and on board were very helpful

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

If your flight arrives on time you will make the flight as zurich is a very well organized airport and if for some reason the flights late it will be the airlines duty to put you on the next flight which will probably be the one 6 hours later so you can't really lose by booking the earlier flight.

7. Re: Is an hour transfer time in Zurich enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:17