We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Yes you can book Easy Jet flights for very little however be advised they will not allow you to carry any bag on the plane bigger than an oversized purse. They will force you to check it in and pay a fee roughly half of the plane fare. This happened to me recently even though my bag fit in their container they forced me to miss the flight and pay three times the original fare. Don't expect them to put you on another flight for free as most airlines do. They will charge you full fare. I would advise that you avoid this airline or pay the baggage fees ahead of time

Wales
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

You're not going to find much sympathy here. You might want to remove your post before anyone else reads it ...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

So you're saying that even though your bag fit in the container, you were forced to pay to check it? And you had *nothing* else to carry on, i.e. no small bag, camera, ladies purse, etc?

If you miss your flight, few airlines will put you on the next one free-of-charge.

uk
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Sigh!

Another person blaming the airline for applying their clearly outlined rules.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Easyjet allows one IATA size carry on (not the trunks most Americans are used to bringing with them but still quite generous) and that's it. No laptop, purse or anything else apart from airside shopping. If you had a laptop for example you would need to check your other bag.

It's all plainly laid out in the conditions you agreed to.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 21:08
London
Level Contributor
10,809 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Did you read the terms and conditions when you got your confirmation email....? No - thought not.

Sorry - I find easyjet to be a very reputable and reliable airline - but you have to undertstand the rules

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Some people plainly need an airline representative to go round their house and do their packing for them.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

It's not even as if this is hidden in the small print - IIRC, when you print off your EZY boarding pass, there's a big picture of allowable cabin bags, complete with dimensions!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,608 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Easyjet probably have one of the best hand luggage policies outside the US - unlimited weight, IATA sized hand luggage. God help you if you ever encounter Ryanair.

All they ask is for all of your hand luggage to fit into one bag. Hardly rocket science. They don't even get upset is you wear your longest coat and stuff your pockets with underwear and socks.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

I did try and warn you!

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easy Jet has terrible baggage policies

Someone else who does not read the t&c's.