We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

These guys seem to have some amazing flight deals, but was wondering if they are a bogus company? Has anyone else used 9flights.co.uk before and have you ever had any issues with them?

cambridge
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

i have learned my lesson

Sheffield, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

I am worried!!!!!

I have booked my flight from Leeds/bradford flying on the 13th July to Kenya and returning on the 11th August. I have looked so far and my flight appears to be booked and going ahead as planned, however, I am aware that 9 Flights.co.uk have caused so many problems. I have left a message on KLM's facebook wall asking if they could confirm that my flight is booked with them, I am waiting on a response...... Could anyone recommend anything else I could do?

Thanks

Sarah

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Thank you for searching for your flight with 9flights.co.uk. Based on your Search Criteria we have loacated a match in our database wich will appear shortly. Please wait for a responce or call our reservations team now on 0800 058 8309

Nice spelling on their website!

Edited: 03 July 2012, 19:34
14. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 July 2012, 19:35
Edited: 03 July 2012, 19:35
Berkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Looking at various websites there do seem to be issues with 9Flights - who as I understand it are originally a German company. I was tempted by a low price but soon realised that "cheap is not cheap".

The advice given to book directly with the airline is certainly the safest.

However the well known, respected, sites such as Expedia, EBookers, Opodo, LastMinute etc are all fine and may offer better prices. They are upfront about any charges and, having travelled a lot and used all of them in the past 2 years, I have never had any problems. If I had to choose one I'd go for Expedia.

Southport, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

I have booked a trip with 9flights, to Kathmandu in 5 weeks. When I went online just now to view my flights, I couldn't follow the link and the phone numbers on the website are incorrect. I am very worried! What can I do?

Edited: 13 July 2012, 12:49
Italy
Level Contributor
39,507 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Call the airline and check if they have the booking.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Buyer beware!! They have some of the lowest fares but their customer service is appalling. They do not return calls (despite promises to do so) and trying to amend bookings after flight cancellation or rescheduling by the airline is almost impossible in my exerience. I tried in vain to get them to reschedule seats after original flights were cancelled by the airline. You get put on endless hold or are passed from person to person to finally be told the person you need to speak to is busy and they will call you back within the hour (they never do...).After 2 weeks of trying to get them to sort things out, I eventually gave up and contacted the airline directly. The impression I got from the airline concerned was that I was not the first to have had this problem with 9flights bookings.

I will never use them again.

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

recently i travel to egypt with 9flights and had multiple problems with them .After payment I was given wrong return flight. Once you phone customer service and want something sorted out they immediately block this number from their system.It cost me extra £100 to change my return flight for 2.I was told 2 baggage but then it was only 1 when I phone I was told they always tell you that just to attract customer.

I WOULD NEVER ADVISE ANYONE TO BUY FROM THEM-YOU WILL END UP PAYING MORE FOR SUPPOSEDLY CHEAPER FLIGHT.

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

I have had the same problem with 9flights.whichever number you call from once they know they block the number from their system and pass you on from person to person until you hang up.I end up spending a total of £300 on baggage extra and flight change.I was at the airport with 2 baggage when only 1 is allowed.I had no choice but to pay and was given wrong return flight.

NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM_cheater

better off pay the extra £2 to £10 INSTEAD OF ENDING PAYING 10 TIMES AS MUCH.