We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airways

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airways

Hi

Flying to Perth WA in Feb 13 as a lone passenger. Any idea id these are a good airline as they are loads cheaper than others.

Cheers

1. Re: Malaysian Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 June 2012, 22:49
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airways

Not quite Singaporean airlines but very decent nonetheless.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airways

Hi

I have flown with them lots of times. Yes, they are a good airline. I have always found the staff very friendly and efficient, food ok and seating very comfortable.

Edited: 23 June 2012, 23:05
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,512 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airways

My one experience of Malaysia (there's no n) was Bangalore to Shanghai via KLIA last December. And a very pleasant experience it was too; good seats, good food and very friendly cabin crew. I'd have no problem flying them again. And today's service from Perth was on an A330-300, which has the very good 34" seat pitch in economy that I had on the 777.

Note that they are absolute sticklers when it comes to baggage, including carry ons which they weigh at check in, so read and adhere to their rules. They also did a sweep for suspiciously oversize/overweight bags in the boarding area. The upside of this was that boarding (by row number from the back of the aircraft, no exceptions) was a breeze as everyone had space in the bins for their bags.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airways

One of my favourite carriers. Their new A330 cabins are beautiful, and I've had many comfortable journeys on the B777. True, they are not quite as great as Singapore Airlines (a bit more cost-cutting), but I think the best thing about MH is the crew. Genuine, professional and very, very helpful. KUL is also a nice, calming airport to transfer through. Have a great time! :)

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysian Airways

Do a search here on the forum and you will get lots of information regarding Malaysia Airlines.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysian Airways

Thanks so much to everyine for their advice. I have prev flown BA to Sydney on my own but just wanted to check this out as sometimes female lone passengers come up against problems, The baggage should not be an issue as I will be packing nothing more than shorts and tops.....that i have not had apportunity to wear in the UK Summer ha ha ha. Thanks again.

8. Re: Malaysian Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:46