We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch airlines

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
388 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch airlines

Thinking of booking a holiday to Tobago flying monarch airlines. Does anyone know what type of plane this will be and what the seat configuration will be?

TIA

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,458 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch airlines

Most likely an Airbus A330 with 2-4-2 in premium and 3-3-3 in economy.

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
388 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch airlines

That was quick thank you somuch

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch airlines

Hi, I would strongly urge you do not travel with Monarch on a long haul flight. I have used them twice both to Florida and the service is awful. In June this year we paid for the premium service and was a complete waste of money, the personal entertainment did not work (in economy on a flight to Florida in 2010 there wasnt any entertainment at all), the food was awful, it took an hour to check us in (and that was priority boarding and there were only four others in front of us in the queue) plus a total of ten hours in delays, 8 hours there and 2 hours back. Pay the extra couple of hundred for a more professional service. I am still awaiting a response from the complaint I sent. Check out some other reviews if you have not already booked.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch airlines

oh dear after reading the above post im not sureweve done the right thing booked flight to florida with four teenagers next month one speciel needs too no entertainment oh heck

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,458 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch airlines

They do have entertainment. It's seatback in premium and drop down screens in economy.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch airlines

I also flew monarch a few years back longhaul and wouldnt repeat the experience.

:-)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,458 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch airlines

I've never flown longhaul with them, only because the legroom isn't enough. Always use them when we go to Lanzarote because they usually fly the A330s so book the premium seats as extra legroom or the aircraft have extra legroom rows at the front. I wouldn't fly Thomas Cook longhaul either. Mind you I wouldn't even fly shorthaul with them.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch airlines

thankyou so much for replying on entertaiment .

Edited: 11 July 2012, 16:55
Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch airlines

Kathy

the entertainment in Monarch economy isn't that great, a couple of films, some very old sitcoms, maybe the odd Top Gear episode.

I'm sure your teenagers will have their own stuff watch/listen to.

I've flown long-haul with Monarch economy at least a dozen times over the last few years and there has always been in-flight entertainment.

Paphos
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch airlines

I recently booked a flight with Monarch and somehow they gave me the wrong flight date. I didn't get confirmation of the flight till the day AFTER the flight had gone so had no time to query it. Monarch were polite but unhelpful and insist I have to forfiet the cost. Needless to say I won't be using them ever again. When I opened a 'resolution' with PayPal they say they don't get involved with disputes involving airline tickets which begs the question, why do they pay for them?

Avoid Monarch and PayPal.

Edited: 23 July 2012, 18:40