We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson seatbelt length

uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson seatbelt length

Hi, could you please advise me the length of the seatbelts on a thomsons flight? I have booked extra leg room seats as this is what I have always done on all other airlines, I've never had to ask for an extension belt so didn't consider this would be an issue, however it's been pointed out to me that there could be a big difference in lengths of seatbelts between different airlines. If anyone could confirm for me it would be much appreciated so I can make alternative arrangements if required.

Thanks!

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,845 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

There will be a big difference between seats on the same plane. It is impossible to predict. If you need one, ask for one - nobody will care.

There is another recent thread on the topic in this forum also.

uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

Thanks, however my concern is that thomsons state the passenger will be moved from extra legroom if they are obese (need to ask for an extension seatbelt) as all extra legroom seats are over emergency exits. I just don't want to get on the plane and get asked to move, I would rather sort it out beforehand.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
12,222 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

Molly I've sent you a pm

Jules

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,644 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

They might move you anyway, if they consider it necessary. By alternative arrangements, do you mean swapping seats?

uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

Yes, I wondered about contacting them to exchange seats (at my cost). I would rather that than have the embarrassment on the flight.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,644 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

It may be worth speaking to them to explain the situation, and see what they say.

uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

Agreed, I think I might give them a call and discuss this further with them. Thanks!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
983 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

Did you get a definitive answer on this Molly?

uk
Level Contributor
112 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

I haven't been in touch yet princess but once I have more info I'll post on here.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson seatbelt length

Hi

Did you solve the situation? I have concerns that the seatbelt wont fit too. The seat will be ok tho i think as its just me and my 12 yr old so ive book 2 seats tgthr next t an isle. So im gona buy an extender for £15 and take it with me just incase.

Julz xx