We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who flys where?

Lake of Bays, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
who flys where?

Does anyone know of a website that I can look at to see which airlines fly to which cities? We are thinking of travelling from Toronto (YYZ) to either Italy, Greece for Crete or Malta and I just want to get an overview to start my research.

Thank you

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who flys where?

If your thinking of who flies directly from Toronto, the webpage for Toronto Airport is a great place to start: torontopearson.com/en/…airlines-destinations

If you want to include connecting flights just enter departing and arriving airport into any old search enige for flights: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/, http://www.wideroe.no, http://www.skyscanner.com etc etc

Lake of Bays, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who flys where?

Thanks for the speedy reply! I don't know those web sites but i'll check them out.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: who flys where?

For flights between Italy, Greece, Malta, check out ....www.bravofly.com or www.momondo.com, great sites for European flights.

BUT - don't book with those sites, just use them as search engines, you will discover a lot of airlines that you haven't previously heard of. Then when you have located suitable airlines/schedules etc - book directly with the airline on their site.

Check out reviews of airlines on www.airlinequality.com.

You will be surprised just how good some of the LC airlines are - but also beware of the luggage restrictions (weight) some of the cheapest flights will turn out to be the most expensive when you add up all the add ons.

Do your research thoroughly - the recommended sites + www.skyscanner.com as whisky travel suggests are a really good resource.

Have a great trip!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: who flys where?

Ladybugs,

Good advice above. And as poster #3 said, don't book with the third party online agents. Third party agents may present cheaper fares, but they may be too good to be true, and ultimately you may end up paying more

If you can let us know an idea of your planned or rough itinerary we can guide you. Especially if it involves multiple ctiies (for exanple: Toronto->A, A->B, B->Toronto). There are options such as "multi-city tickets" and "open jaw" tickets that can work out best, both cost wise, convenient and safe.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who flys where?

use skyscanner all the time and then just go and book directly with the relevant airline

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: who flys where?

We use Matrix to check out prices, schedule etc. then book direct with the airline.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
373 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: who flys where?

I believe the site that you want is oagtravel.com/Flight-Bytes/Which-Airlines-Fl…

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,143 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: who flys where?

The easiest way to start a search is probably wikipedia. Just go the airport's entry, and you'll see a list of all airlines using the airport, and non-stop destinations for each.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Pearson_Internat…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: who flys where?

I usually got to the website of the airport I want to fly into, and get a list of airlines that way ... they have arrivals and departures listed, so its really easy.

Lake of Bays, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: who flys where?

Wow, thanks so much. Great info and much I was not aware of.