We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada meal service

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Air Canada meal service

Hello I need some help. I have tried reviewing the information on Air Canada's site but I am confused. On my tickets it says no meal service so I want to plan ahead. I am leaving out of San Francisco and have a connecting flight in Toronto to Rome. I have 2 flight numbers and have a 3 and 1/2 hour layover in Toronto. Will I have any meal service at all even if we have to pay? I have never flown on this airline before so I want to be prepared.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada meal service

There is a selection of items you can buy and the food is actually not bad. they call it the "on Board cafe"

aircanada.com/en/…index.html

The only accept payment by credit card. I was flying once and the lady and her son next to me only had cash and AC would not accept it! I used my card and they gave me the cash.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada meal service

It's the flight SFO to YYZ where you might need to pack some food or use the buy on board cafe.

You should be given a complimentary meal on the flight from Toronto to Rome. You should be given a dinner shortly after take-off and a light breakfast shortly before landing in Rome.

If you're flying business class, you will be well fed on both flight segments.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada meal service

Thank you these were my thoughts but I wanted some confirmation. I think we will try to eat before boarding in San Francisco and either buy through the cafe or get complimentary.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,185 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada meal service

SFO-Toronto--no meal service unless you buy it. Soft drinks/juice is free, alcohol is not.

aircanada.com/en/…index.html

Toronto-Rome-complimentary meal and drinks, including alcohol

5. Re: Air Canada meal service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 10:16