We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling airlines

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Vueling airlines

Just wanted to know of peoples experiences travelling with vuelling from southampton to barcelona? as i am going in sept and have heard poor things of the company. Thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,734 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vueling airlines

If you search through some Vueling threads in this forum, you will generally find positive reviews. My experience was excellent. Ticket prices and related surcharges were spelled out clearly on the website. Equipment was more than decent (better than many legacy airlines), and everything worked as advertised.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
18 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vueling airlines

Vueling is tempting because of their prices and destinations. I had an awful experience back in 2008- they canceled my flight from Barcelona to Paris (citing "weather issues" even though there were several other airlines operating flights between the two cities at the same time). I paid close to $500 for an Air France flight so I didn't miss my connection in Paris back to the US. I tried emailing customer service for a refund, nothing. I spent the money to call overseas as they have no lines here in the US, and they just said to email them. I got my aunt involved, who is a lawyer, and faxed a letter and my (unused) boarding pass, still nothing. So I ate the money I paid for the ticket, which I wasn't happy about.

This may have been just an isolated incident- but you get what you pay for in terms of customer service (or blatant lack thereof in my case.) Good luck!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
885 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vueling airlines

Are you saying they cancelled your flight AND kept your money? Or were you asking for a refund for the other flight with Air France?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vueling airlines

Sounds to me like #2 was flying Vueling to Paris and then onward on a separate ticket, and to avoid losing the TATL ticket made their own way to CDG using Air France. No indication as to whether or not Vueling rebooked them on a later flight which may or may not have been worth it. If so that's one of the perils of separately ticketed flights.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,337 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vueling airlines

>>I spent the money to call overseas as they have no lines here in the US,<<

you can call Spain on Skype or some other provider from about 2 cents/min so just over $1 for an hour.

Anyway I fly them regularly and love them. Seat pitch is not great but they are a LCC and at least you can pay to pre-book seats.

東京
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vueling airlines

Be Careful !!

Vueling changes your flight schedule very often !!

I am going to Barcelona in July and booked the air ticket from BCN to PMI (Mallorca).

I have rec'd an email from Vueling in May stating that the flight schedule has been changed. My original flight was 8 in the morning but It changed to 9 am's flight. I was surprised but did not complain about it.

Then guess what happened next ? They sent me another email saying the flight schedule has been changed again !!

Believe it or not, they have sent me another email saying that you need to pay extra 10 euros per person due to tax increase..

My payment was already made and I have to pay the extra ???

I have flown so many times using other airlines but I have never experienced so many changed and extra payment !!

I started reading other reviews and found out that many people having the sames experiences like me...

reviewcentre.com/Airline-Reviews/Vueling-Air…

I don't want to get in troubles any more, so I booked Ryan air instead and canceled Vueling flight. Luckily Vueling gave me the option to cancel the fight and get a full refund. I'm not sure if I really can get a refund though...

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vueling airlines

Thanks. I am a little worried as i have heard about them changing flight times and the day they fly on. Thing is I live in the channel islands so have to fly to England first, therefore am hoping they don't change the day of my flight! Suppose the best thing I can do is phone a week in advance of departure and see if it has changed.mfingers crossed!

東京
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vueling airlines

Just a small information of their customer center.

They look super busy lately due to ' tax increase' issue.. I actually tried to call them 5 times yesterday and today but no one took my call.

Just an hour ago I reached them and the operator told me that they are really busy right now and requested me to wait another 2 or 3 weeks to get an email reply. What a nightmare....

I guess the situation will be much better in September !!

I sincerely hope everything goes well with you :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vueling airlines

"I don't want to get in troubles any more, so I booked Ryan air instead and canceled Vueling flight."

That's funny since Ryanair is another airline that have said they will come after passengers to collect the increased airport taxes :)

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,046 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vueling airlines

It seems like goagoa11 (posts 6 & 8) has misunderstood the nature of low-cost carriers.

I don't know how significant the second schedule change was but if it was the same as the first it will still only be two hours different to the original flight time. Of course this does make it problematical if trying to co-ordinate a second flight - but low-cost carriers are not in the business of offering connections. Connections are a 'frill'. If you want protected connections, look elsewhere.

As for the tax - yes, if Vueling are told by the Government that they have to collect an extra €10 from each passenger, they will do so. Low-cost carriers work on slender profit margins and would not be able to absorb this tax without passing it on to the passenger. Very few airlines could. Certainly not Ryanair.