We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

Hi

I am thinking of buying the Sub 0 range of luggage. Dose anyone know if the small one is ok for Ryan Air carry on luggage x

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,539 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

Have you compared its external dimensions with the maximum acceptable size on the airline website? Remember... external, not internal dimensions.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,809 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

It will be ok as long as the external measurements including wheels/handles comply with the Ryanair limit as follows:

"Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage."

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

No not yet just thought if there was anyone who had already taken it onboard x

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,809 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

I don't know the size of this case but if it exceeds the Ryanair limit the fact that somebody previously got away with it does not mean you will.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

You need to check the overall external dimensions. As long as these are within limits you will be fine. I think even the extra small size is too big (from memory).

Edited: 05 July 2012, 19:57
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

Hi

Yes I have taken it onboard Ryanair several times. As soon as I bought my first one I took it to Gatwick and checked it's size with their gauge and it was fine. It was also checked by Ryanair staff at Skavsta last year and passed as acceptable.

It is an excellent light weight bag and very roomy.

Jackie

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
462 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

I've bought two of the small sub zero cases for our Ryanair flight. I think it's just a gnat's wotsit over 55 cm because of the handles and wheels. Has anyone ever had a problem with these cases and Ryanair? Will not be impressed if I have to put them in the hold!!

Edited: 19 July 2012, 09:15
London, England
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

They are fine. Like Jackie above, I've used my small sub-O dozens of times on many different Ryanair routes- and they look right so unless they are feeling picky at the gate the attendant's don't even ask you to put them in the size gauge (which they fit perfectly). Nice and light too so you don't waste much of your 10kg allowance. We're such cheapskates that we can now do 2-3 week holidays with these as hand-luggage alone, as we'd never knowingly pay for hold baggage!

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
529 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

I've used mine a few times. It's great for fitting in as much as you can as it's light to begin with and the handle doesn't intrude into the back of it like most do.

I gave mine to my son but then bought another striaght away!

London, England
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sub 0 cabin luggage and Ryanair

And a bit off-topic; here in the UK, IKEA have just announced a sale on a small wheeled case which is just the right size - in fact, a couple of cm under - Ryanair's spec; called the UPPTÄCKA it's £40. But it weighs 3kg- almost twice as much as the sub-0-degree case... that's almost a third of your weight allowance. IKEA stuff is usually robust and well-designed however;

And no, I don't work for them! In fact I almost got thrown out of IKEA for telling 'em the Swedish tourist joke... (asks chemist- 'do you sell deeoderant'? 'Yes- ball or aerosol?' 'Neither; I want it for my armpits')