We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2017, 20:00
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,853 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

Is it not possible to put the old passport number in there and then carry that with you in addition to the new one incase questions area asked. people renew their passports all the time. this cannot be the first time it's happened.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

They probably haven't booked through Tiger though!!!!

I would pay the extra....passport numbers are electronically passed through to immigration here and at destination, why cause hassles

3. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2017, 20:00
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,543 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

Hi,

To me, I think there's a valid cost argument to made for human/agent bookings cost more to process than those done via the internet..

That said, I also think that in cases like this, there is probably a programming work-around to allow "to be advised" bookings to be done over the net..

I do think there are time and cases where a booking is best done via an agent-- like unaccompanied minors-- where, due to the nature of the booking, there can be a handful of critical regulations or booking-specific restrictions that must be covered..

So in these kinds of cases, I see no issue with forcing them to go via human channels; again to insure all the "bases" have been covered, but for things like the OP's case, I have to believe that there's a programmatic solution that can be implemented.

Travel Safe,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

I have the same problem - my sons passport expires in December and I want to book flights for all of us in JAN and must wait till I get the new passport or pay more to book over the phone. I really think this is bizarre. I have written to them in regard to this

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

Is booking with another airline an option on this route? I don't see why pp number is needed at time of booking. As you say, most airlines are easier to deal with in this respect... vote with your wallet.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

Absolutely - I told them I would book with Air Asia

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,604 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

Here's the issue ... Tiger work this way and you pay a cheap fare... now you want to vary the way they do business and not incur a fee. Unfair? To you maybe, but had you booked with a full fare airline it would probably not be an issue. Are you the guy that turns up at the check-in and whinges because you have too much luggage even though you knew how much you were allowed?

9. Re: Tiger Airways Changing Passport Numbers

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 05:15