We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

round trip SFO to LHR

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
round trip SFO to LHR

Has anybody recently made a roundtrip SFO to LHR? I'm wondering how full the flights have been if so? I'm gambling by not purchasing my favorite seat reservation and hoping the flight isn't packed.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

It really doesn't make any difference how full someone else's flight was. Daily changes.in demand for a whole host of reasons affect loads in the various cabins. (you didn't mention the class of travel FWIW)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,231 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

It also depends upon the airline in question and the date of travel.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

You simply can't guess. Expertflyer.com should offer this information at a cost.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,702 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

Always a gamble on seats when you don't book.

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

I know there are no guarantees. Just thought I would see what other people are experiencing. I guess it really doesn't matter where you sit, as long as you get to your destination! BTW....I fly World Traveler on British Airways.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

WT is usually very busy on flights from YVR (admittedly not SFO) although BA have just one departure a day except between May and mid September. Summertime departures are usually full, period.

Sammyfloyd mentioned ExpertFlyer, and I second its usefulness. Have a go with the five day free trial, and if you like it then buy a subscription for a month for just $US5.

7. Re: round trip SFO to LHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 06:15