We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad are American Airline's 767s for long haul flights?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How bad are American Airline's 767s for long haul flights?

American is offering a good fare to Paris for my trip later this year. I know those are older planes without individual entertainment and from what I've read, not configured with any premium economy.

I've been waiting for a sale on Air France or Delta and am willing to wait longer. But if the flights on American are not that bad, then I would consider it. I've flown American a lot and am generally pleased with their service. But it's one thing on a short flight - quite another on an overnight transatlantic flight and return.

I know ultimately it's my decision -- I'm just curious to hear other experiences specifically with long haul flights to Europe. I'll most likely go from Miami.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad are American Airline's 767s for long haul flights?

I've been happy with AA. Last fall I flew from to DFW to Paris in business class and back in coach. Of course business was great but coach was not that bad at all. They did show current movies on the overhead screen. IMO, I would definitely fly AA. This was on a 767.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,279 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad are American Airline's 767s for long haul flights?

The biggest issue for an economy passenger is likely the lack of individual entertainment system. If you don't mind that or if you can bring your own tablet to keep yourself amused, then seating-wise, economy is economy.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad are American Airline's 767s for long haul flights?

I personally don't like economy on the AA 767s mainly because the pitch is only 30" where as the 757s and 777s are 31-32". For a tall guy like me, I notice the vast difference which is why I avoid AA 767s where possible on all routes.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 18:03
4. Re: How bad are American Airline's 767s for long haul flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:47