We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Lufthansa

hi,

i fly to Bangkok on the 24th i am flying on a Boeing 747 with Lufthansa. i would just like to know some information about the airline and the aircraft itself, does it have back of seat televisions? is the service good?

all information is helpful thanks

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,547 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa

A good place to start is the airline website:

http://www.lufthansa.com/

Here's the info and service link - includes airport, airline, seat maps, etc.

www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Information-Service

Haleiwa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa

Lufthansa call center staff are just call centers. They don't seem to be trained and care about the problem.

I asked about the service and seats for a specific flight (Chicago to Duesseldorf) and wanted to know the type of FIrst Class and Business Class seats.

The call center staff had no idea. They told me to go to a seat guru web page. I was then told by a supervisor the seats in First Class are the brand new sleeper suites, when in fact it turned out to be wrong. When on the flight the flight attendance knew this seat was only available on selected aircrafts like the A380. Collecting $16000 for a one way First Class Air Fare should give reason to Lufthansa to train their staff better. It's not like selling transportation from A to B -it's about selling an experience.

Lufthansa did not yet respond to my complaint for compensation for wrong information given. I guess they just collect money and promises and information are not to be taken serious.

The onboard service by the way was great - but it borders on fraud to promise seats that don't apply, talk about an entertainment system that has never been available on this route. What is the value for such missing services on a $ 16000 ticket ?

Edited: 24 July 2012, 22:51
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa

Since LH haven't got a substantial presence in North America, I suspect their call centre staff may not be LH employees but are employed by a third party for Lufty.

The information about aircraft operating on the ORD-DUS route is available at the LH website, very clearly indicated at the booking page. Two clicks at the Help & Contact page brought up plenty of information about the First and Business cabins, including details of the seats and IFE.

'...compensation for wrong information given.' What compensation do you expect from LH, and for what reason? If you flew to (and from, since the fully flex return fare ORD-DUS is about $US16000) your origin and destination then what more do you want from the airline, and why?

(No, I do not work for Lufty)

Haleiwa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa

Sorry, but the information is not clear on their website at all.

Their website does not give the different seating standards - and has absolutely no information about the seats.

The website only talks about the best product they have available on their best aircraft, but not about the substandard product they have on other aircrafts.

The call center is in Canada and South Africa. I also called their home office in Germany prior to making met booking and was given the wrong and misleading information.

You can buy a segment pin LH in coach for $400.00 for this route. The first class seat has a $16000.00 value (one way) The seat is one of the main part of the product. In giving out wrong information is fraud. LH should not charge at all for fraudulent service and compensate.

A customer should not have to word about calling a call center and third party agents when calling a reservation phone number for an airline. This is again LH problem and representation and bend the responsibility of a client.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa

"It's not like selling transportation from A to B -it's about selling an experience."

I disagree - the airline simply sells you the ticket for travel from A to B and any experience is a bonus - no airline in my experience will guarantee a specific plane or seat type on a given date/route.

Haleiwa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa

If this was ok, why would anyone want to spend top money to fly business or First.

I guess it's ok to have call center reps lie and put misleading information on their website, as long as they get me from A to B.

In my case the LH station manager admitted the same substandard plane was used ever since they started services. The new plane was never used for this route I flew.

So it's ok for the sales staff to "guarantee" something what is wrong.

You must be working for the airlines or their marketing rep.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa

You must be working for the airlines or their marketing rep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we work for all airlines.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lufthansa

ja, sie haben rechts. seit fuenfzig jahre hab' ich bei lufthansa gearbeitet.

Edited: 25 July 2012, 09:36
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lufthansa

"You must be working for the airlines or their marketing rep."

I spend all my spare time working for Lufthansa when I'm not on TA.

Whilst not excusing the call centre for providing wrong information I'm afraid you have to accept some of the responsibility for your disappointment.

I did a dummy booking with LH for this route and it clearly displayed during the booking process that it was a A340-300 on this route and it then took me a further 3 minutes to call up the A340-300 seat map on the LH site.

Your coment in post 4 as set out below is clearly wrong.

"Sorry, but the information is not clear on their website at all.

Their website does not give the different seating standards - and has absolutely no information about the seats."

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,597 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lufthansa

"I disagree - the airline simply sells you the ticket for travel from A to B and any experience is a bonus"

In first, that better not be the case.