We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

bangalore
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

Hi Guys,

I am just writing this to make you understand how people can get cheated if they are not sure about how to book tickets.

This is my personal experience.

I wanted to book tickets from Prague to Paris in the month of July 2012. I was trying to book thru "air France" where the total cost of ticket for a baby and couple was showing around 480Euros.

Both my friend and me were booking the tickets in parallel.

But once my friend got the tickets the ticket cost got increased drastically. My tickets totally started showing around 550Euros.

Now I did not continue flight booking in "Air France". I searched many sites. so found that Edreams are offering tickets for just 475Euros in SMARTWINGS flight.

I was happy, so started booking the tickets in hurry.

now after entering all the passenger details it took me to payment page. I gave all my credit card details and Pressed "Confirm Payment".

Now the pop-up came up saying "due to maintenance cost(for credit cards), and last moment flight charges increase, the tickets you have selected have been increased by 15Euros each, Please press on CONFIRM AGAIN to continue booking"!!(the warning gave was with the same meaning)

Now I don't have any choice, as I did not want to miss Paris tour as my friend family is also going.

I got a feeling that, If I don't book it now the charge may go up again.

So I did not have any other choice. I confirmed the tickets paying around 527Euros approximately.

now in the receipt confirmation I could clearly see that only 475 belongs to SMARTWINGS, and the rest of the amount belongs to EDREAMS.

My question:

1. If the maintenance cost is known, why edreams website says we offer very good discounts on flight tickets?

2. If the edreams is charging additional cost than the ticket price why it is not mentioned explicitly anywhere?

3. even if there is any credit card charges why they have to put burden on the customer?

The conclusion is: EDREAMS is a cheating website. Please deal with it carefully.

where I became fool:

after this incident next day I am searching the air-France ticket, it is now showing less price of 480Euros :(

Still How you can make use of Edreams?

search the flights thru edreams, you will get to know about the cheap flights.

Now don't book. Book the same flights directly in the flights website.

because if you book directly in the flight website you will avoid the

charges which you would have paid if you had booked thru other agent sites like Edreams.

Moreover the customer care service is WORST. it is difficult to reach the contact center of Edreams.

additional Tip:

even if you take air France as an example don't book back to back tickets. the flight tickets will go up if the booking are happened very frequently withing short period of time.

You can wait till next day. you may get the tickets for lesser price.

Hope this information helps.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

Hi my wife had the same problem booking Ryan air cost to edream $155.00 +on total air fare of $534.00when she rang Ryan air to confirm they told her she had to pay extra €60euro because dreams only books 15kg luggage not 20kg as most outhers these rip of merchants should be put out of business as this is the last time we go out side Australia. also be careful now you have to also check extra cost to park hire car at hotel or b+b of up to €20 on top of the already high price to stay there now we know to check these sites before ever booking again last trip b+b breakfast included now extra €18 per person not happy jan cheere

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

The Q&A to your problem is the same, Why didn't you book directly with Ryanair yourself?, nobody does it cheaper and when you cock it up you've only got yourself to blame FYI Ryanair actively discourage third party bookers from selling their tickets and welcome everyone and their brother to buy directly from them regardless of where they are in the world

Edited: 08 April 2014, 12:34
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

Hi Bernie

The use of punctuation would have really helped with your rant.

This is how I read it, please don't hesitate to corect me if I am wrong.

You already had booked flights through one of the shonkiest online travel agents and decided to use them again ?

Against the terms and conditions of Ryanair you reserved tickets using the said OTA and the OTA made a mistake with the luggage allowance ?

You now have to pay the correct luggage charges because the OTA made a mistake and so did you ?

Because of this you are never leaving Australia again ?

So nothing is Ryanair's fault, you made mistakes every step of the way, take it on the chin and enjoy your homeland holidays.

Jackie

1 post
Save Reply
44. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

edreams are liars! They never issue my ticket!!! I lost my flight calling this people.

1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

eDreams.net is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They screwed my only vacation I had planned during the year. I booked a return ticket from ORD to MCO airport (and back) in United States from eDreams. They sent me a confirmation email. One week later, I observed a partial refund on my credit card. I called the airlines to confirm my booking and heard that my flight from MCO to ORD was cancelled due to lack of ticketing. Given that flight rates had doubled by that time and I didn't receive any communication from eDreams about the cancellation, I talked to eDreams. They kept on dropping my call, even blocked me once, told me that they can't do anything about it, and finally told me that they can book a new ticket at current prices if I was willing to pay the difference.

I will never ever make any booking through them. I suggest the same for you if you want to have piece of mind for your travel.

Lisburn, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
46. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

I wasn't aware of the dramas that seem to be with eDreams and I have just booked flights with them.

from dublin to orland via gatwick. Mind you ALL the flights are with BA on every step of the way. I am now just very nervous after hearing all the comments above?. Some people had mentioned that then why didn't you book direct with the airline BUT yet the airline price was substantially more (nearly twice the price) to book direct.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

Have you received an e-ticket confirmation yet? If so, go to BA.com with the booking reference and look up your booking. If it exists and if there are ticket-numbers associated with your booking, chances are you will be fine.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

Hi Kelly

There is every chance that (A) Edreams haven't actually booked your tickets, (B) that Edreams have booked tickets, but those extra budget tickets which do not allow luggage and (C) that Edreams will be in touch shortly to ask for more money, then if you say no thanks please cancel they will keep all or most of the money you have given them, or (D) none of the above and it all goes to plan.

Check your flight details with BA every few days, not only to check for schedule changes but also to make sure the booking stays live. There have been many instances reported on the forum of people turning up at airports only to find they have no reservation.

I wish you luck, you will need it.

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

Some people had mentioned that then why didn't you book direct with the airline BUT yet the airline price was substantially more (nearly twice the price) to book direct.

=====

Then you were doing something wrong to derive the BA price. Was this by any chance a one way flight ?

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: How good is Edreams site to book flight tickets

"Some people had mentioned that then why didn't you book direct with the airline BUT yet the airline price was substantially more (nearly twice the price) to book direct."

BA price match any genuine other price found, so no need to book with any third party.

britishairways.com/en-gb/…price-promise