We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

I have booked air and car rental though Expedia before without problems. I am looking at booking an international ticket which appears will be ticketed by Expedia with Air France mostly flights flown by Delta). Some of the connections are okay unless the airlines would change their schedules which they often do. Once booked if a flight schedule is changed prior to initial departure date, whereas a connecting flight is impossible to make, must I get the schedule changed with Air France or Expedia? Once we are enroute and we miss a connecting flight due to the airline arriving late, do we talk to Air France or Expedia? It would seem to be very cumbersome in this circumstance if changes ahd to be made with Expedia? Has anyone ever experienced either of these situations? Thank you.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

Usually, if there's a schedule change, you have to go through the agent (in your case Expedia). Which is why we recommend that you book directly with the airline, and cut out the unnecessary middleman.

If you miss a connection en route, you would usually go straight to the airline operating the missed flight (at the airport).

And, as your flights are all on one airline (albeit with code shares), can you not book this directly with Air France, or Delta? It could save a lot of aggro!

Edited: 21 July 2012, 01:34
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

USbusinesstraveller, Thanks for your input. In many cases when I check with the airline direct they are unable to book since a non code share airline is involved or the fare is much higher. In this case Air France's online booking engine from the US doesn't allow mutiple destinations as in this case an open jaw. I intend to call AF to see if they can quotes this itinerary over the phone.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

If you go through the menus to effectively the advanced booking options, you do get a multi-city option.

airfrance.us/cgi-bin/…BookNewTripAction.do

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

You may also be able to book these flights on the DL site.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

USbusinesstraveller, I tried as you suggested and it would not quote a price. We are leaving LIT (Little Rock, AR) on 5-28-2013 to KGL (Kigali, Rwanda) and then returning from DAR (Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania) to LIT on 6-15-2013. Thanks for the advice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

I'm getting a qoute of about $3000 on Delta's website.

Edited: 21 July 2012, 08:56
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

When I check out the matrix site i get a 2004$ quote but it's with Ethiopian and United so you would need to go to the website and see if they offer the open jaw bookings.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

Chrella & Lexexpress, Thank you for checking. The costs you found were similar to what I found which was that I could not book the same itinerary directly with the airline for the same price or lower. I have booked with Expedia and gotten confirmations from Air France, Delta and South African Air for a cost of $1990. As you know good fares sometimes are gone by the next day.

9. Re: International Open Jaw Ticket Booked Through Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2013, 10:16