We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

on board airasia x

Townsville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
on board airasia x

Hi, travelling for first time on airasia departing Sydney to KL - is credit card facility accepted on board to pay for items? If not, if I use aust dollars, do they return change in different currency?

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: on board airasia x

Hi have just flown that route in June and you can pay in Aussie dollar and they will give you ringgits back it was 3 to 1 in June

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: on board airasia x

Hi to all,

My family and I just flew airasia X from KL to Perth. These guys tout themselves as best budget airline etc. I have noticed a disturbing trend occurring, the male cabin crew will no hesitate to blatantly lie to their customers.

Two example for this trip was my wife pre booked a meal to be told that the type of meal she had ordered was "Off", lie #1. This was blatantly obvious when a another customer who wanted the same meal but was wiling to pay for it during the flight was told "Yes sir it will be about 15 minutes" by the same cabin crew member. The customer was two seats in front of us.

The second example was where an elderly couple had pre booked the flat bed seat to be told that at time of check in non were available. However as soon as the flight took off they were offering upgrades for 700 MR. The people were told that there was nothing that could be done on board and that the seats had only just become available. I took a little stroll and seeing nearly 10 of the seats free I find this very hard to believe.

Get hold of your staff airasia X this terrible conduct is very harmful to your reputation more than you know. As for pre booking on airasia X I recommend you don't do it as the position given by the staff is we have your money and if we can get more off others we will and will sell then you pre booked items in flight.

Your staff shame you and your company.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: on board airasia x

I have never seen anything the previous poster describes.

I would be very surprised if they bumped someone who had paid for the premium cabin, only to offer upgrades for RM700-- they sell for a lot more than that online.

Not a fan of Air Asia X, but would fly their premium cabin again on an overnight flight from Japan to KL, as it offers a business class-quality flat bed and the premium staff are excellent.

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,774 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: on board airasia x

Have to agree with bimdonesia. The meal aspect maybe (but not necesarily on purpose), however for a confirmed Premium class passenger to be denied a seat, and then have their and 10 other empty seats auctioned off is just not something that would have happened.

5. Re: on board airasia x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 06:31
6. Re: on board airasia x

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:15