We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air China

Philippines
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Air China

Hi. My friend and I will be travelling from Manila to Rome in March 2013. I already booked a business class ticket with Air China. Our flight will be from Manila to Beijing and then Beijing to Rome. Appreciate it if you can share with us your experiences flying Air China. Thanks!

Manche, France
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Air China

Don't!

Worse carrier I have ever used. Chaotic transfers, rude uncaring and unhelpful staff and with absolutely ZERO after sales service to sort out any problems.

12. Re: Air China

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 15:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Air China

I flew Air China to Beijing then onward to Phuket, I found their costumer service very good, they were friendly and helpfull. Once on board we were told there was going to be a 50 minute delay but the handled it very well and we set off just 10 minutes late. As far as the flying goes generally smooth and the seats were comfortable to sit in, a good take off but a bad and very bumpy landing at Beijing, the in flight food wasn't the best but was edible but like I said they were very friendly. overall Air China was a very good airline to fly with, i was pleasantly surprised . I would highly recommend them and I will fly with them again in the future.

Out of 5 I would give Air China a 4.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Air China

Hi sandie ! Can you give a better review about air china flight from delhi to beijing..like how comfortable are the seats,food and do the have personal in flight entertainment system?

Im travelling to china this sep with air china..

Whitstable
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Air China

Does anyone have experience of Air China changing flight times? We booked an internal flight for 30th September, the time has been changed twice and now they've sent an email saying we're booked on the next day in the evening. That's too late for us as we have onward transport and accommodation booked. I've asked for a full refund if they can't put us back on our original day- has anyone else been in this position with them?

Thanks

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,484 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Air China

Several comments above are incorrect when it comes to transit in Beijing. One can certainly go landside and even visit the Great Wall or Forbidden city if he wishes. Everyone is allowed to transit for 24 hours without a visa. Certain nationalities can transit for 72 hours.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,283 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Air China

coco277,

You have posted your complaint on two different threads regarding two different airlines. This thread is about Air China (CA). The other one was China Southern (CZ) - tripadvisor.com/…59007588

Which airline had the problem?

Note - as the other post indicated you were flying from Guangzhou, that would be China Southern and NOT Air China. Therefore your complaint about CA would appear to be misplaced, and if so you should remove post #17 above. If not, then you should remove the post on the other thread.

Edited: 13 June 2014, 22:27
Kirkland, Washington
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Air China

We had a bad experience with Air China. We were on an organized tour of Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. Our flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa (Tibet) was scheduled with Air China (I believe that they are the only airline that fly this route) The price for this 55 minutes flight was more or less $900. We took of from Kathmandu with one hour of delay. As we approached Lhasa and the airplane was ready to land the pilot announced that because of bad weather we cannot land in Lhasa and we proceed to the final destination in Chengdu which is a an hour and half away. On arrival to Chengdu at 7 pm we were impressed with the efficiency of the organization of bussing, hotel accommodation and food for almost 50 passengers. At 5 am the next day we were bussed back to the airport and flew to our destination, Lhasa. At Lhasa we met our guide. When we told him that we had to fly to Chengdu because of bad weather he told us that he was waiting for us for 6 hours, that the weather was fine, and other airlines were landing at the same time. I also tracked back weather forecast (Weather underground provides this information on line) and found that the weather was perfect. Our Tibet part of the trip was planned for only 2 days, and we lost at least one half day.

When we returned to Kathmandu I went to Air China office to ask for explanation. They were quiet rude. The director of sales listened to what I have to say and did not say a word, He then went into his office with the sales person who after a few minutes returned and bluntly told me that the record of the flight indicated bad weather as the reason for the diversion of the flight.

I have no doubt that the weather was more than perfect for landing and the question is why would the airline would go through the troubles as described above. My assumption is that the flight was running late and they needed the plane for another flight in Chengdu.

1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Air China

Hi, How was your experience to delhi. I am traveling from Washington-Beijing-New Delhi with a two our stopover. Any tips/comments appreciated.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,786 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Air China

<<I have no doubt that the weather was more than perfect for landing>> Right, now a passenger starts to tell the pilots if the condition are good for a landing. Why don't you fly yourself? So we will introduce new SOP in the cockpit. Close to minimals ask the FA to get feedback from the cabin if we should try and land. What a joke.

Edited: 03 December 2014, 06:00