We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

England
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

I am pondering whether to book this for this coming Sunday as I was there in May and it was a real let down. Does anyone know if it has improved at all, ie. do they have a selection of cheeses as they used to, and packs of crisps as oppose to bowls where everyone dips in urggg ? grateful in advance - this is in relation to Liverpool Airport

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

Having enjoyed the excellent facilities at Manchester Airport Lounge, as a proud Liverpudlian, I am ashamed to say that having extolled the benefits of flying from Liverpool, I was dismayed and disgusted at the appalling lack of the niceties I had come to expect from Airport executive lounges. The wine on offer was lacklustre, the choice of cheeses non existent, the brandy was almost undrinkable, there were no small bottles of water, the only water available was from a large open bottle and tasted as if it just been extracted from the Dee, to say nothing about the rude and intimidating attendants The whole experience was less than third rate, particularly as both my wife and my friends wife both suffered severe stomach pains and bowel symptoms,which we felt can only have resulted from a glass of the disgusting wine.

Altogether a wholly never to be repeated experience unless somebody gets there act together.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

Disgusting lounge , great airport

We recently travelled early morning through Liverpool airport .

Car parking excellent , check in and security efficient and speedy .

Now the lounge .This was a real let down. Moved from where it was previously into a shop on the parade of shops in the Departure area .

No toilets or washing facilities . You have to leave the lounge to walk a long way to use the loo .

The cereal was stale . They charge extra if you want toast or an egg and the coffee machine pathetic .

The environment was sterile plastic and none to clean.

Use the airport, avoid the lounge .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

Disgusting lounge , great airport

We recently travelled early morning through Liverpool airport .

Car parking excellent , check in and security efficient and speedy .

Now the lounge .This was a real let down. Moved from where it was previously into a shop on the parade of shops in the Departure area .

No toilets or washing facilities . You have to leave the lounge to walk a long way to use the loo .

The cereal was stale . They charge extra if you want toast or an egg and the coffee machine pathetic .

The environment was sterile plastic and none to clean.

Use the airport, avoid the lounge .

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

Cheapest of cheap eats and drinks.Been once-won't return.As previously stated not a patch on the lounges at Manchester Airpt.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

Could not agree more. The exec lounge at Manchester, I'm sad to say, is excellent, with no extras to pay and the staff are very obliging. the staff at John Lennon were surly, unhelpful, and the lounge and facilities were a disgrace and a total rip off. This was particularly painful for me, as I had been extolling the virtues of John lennon Airport to a couple of sceptical friends who were travelling with me. As an extremely proud Liverpudlian, it distresses me to have to make these comments. Perhaps it is all a reflection of Peel Holdings lack of investment in the airport, as suggested by some of my fellow passengers.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

Take my advice. Don't bother!!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

I wouldn't bother with Manchester T2 Escape lounge either! I've used them at least 2 or 3 times a year for some time and have noticed steady ' penny pinching ' going on too.( including also opting for the bowl of crisps instead of packets.... yuk!!)

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

That's a shame because the Escape Lounge in T2 at Manc was better than the one in T1. T2 has windows and is bright and airy with 2 distinctly separate areas. T1 is tomb-like,dark and satanic and you do have to pay supplements for decent food (the free offerings of hot food are soon snapped up and nothing special).

The one in LJLA seems to be a promo for the local company that produces Red Square and related drinks.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

I agree about T1 Escape. didn't like the ambience and closed in feeling at all though the seating was comfortable. The freebies ( which we have already purchased of course) are not much really. So the option of paying to buy something more filling sort of defeats the concept I think.

10. Re: John Lennon Airport - Aspire Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 06:19