We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not book Scoot

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Do not book Scoot

Scoot is the worst airline I've ever booked with. I booked flights on the 25th of July, money was taken off me on the same day. I never received an intinary and now they have cancelled my flights for not paying. I never received a refund, I've rang 8 times, emailed 5 times. Each time I'm promised something that never happens, they have hang up on me, lied to me and been very rude.

We still have no booking and have still paid. Worst experience with airlines.

98 replies to this topic
sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Do not book Scoot

The issue with LCC airlines (Low Cost Carrier) is that somewhere the low cost is accounted somewhere

what do i mean by this - well for the airline to turn a profit - they have do cut back what a full service airline does

so we accept buying food and beverage on board, we accept a lack of service on board BUT we all expect there to be a full call centre of skilled highly proficient people trained in every aspect of the business just waiting to sort our any issues.

Hello - this is a LCC - so they skimp on the training, they skimp on the staff they skimp on the costs so its most likely based in Manilla or Mumbai.

Very sad to say this - buy when something goes wrong on a LCC from overcharging to mistakes on tickets to delays - its is a huge stuff up and goes for ever

this is the price you pay for a budget seat

this is the reality of buying a LCC ticket at a great price

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,338 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Do not book Scoot

Did you really have to wake up thirteen different threads to post the same complaint?

Edited: 20 February 2013, 23:58
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,338 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Do not book Scoot

I can see all the Scoot threads that have been woken up cluttering up the Air Travel forum. Duplicate posting the same message in multiple threads is called spam and is against TA posting guidelines.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Do not book Scoot

Great Airline, Great Service. Saving up to $1000 per person return is more than worth any minor (even up to24hr) delays/diversions etc.

Without airlines like this (whether they are good or poor) other airlines such as SQ and QF would triple fares, and you would have a lot more to complain about then.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Do not book Scoot

Oh God! Am in the same situation now. Tried paying through POLI as I was told International credit-cards incur additional charges. The money got deducted from by bank account immediately, but got an error saying "An error has occurred, this payment can't continue". I am waiting in a queue to speak to their call-centre since the last 1 hour and still no response! And moreover, I need to travel in a few days and I don't know whether to go with a different ticket or wait for the current one! Really tensed!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Do not book Scoot

I did receive my tickets after about 24 hrs and few follow-ups. Calling the call-centre during local Australia time will connect you to the executive almost immediately. Otherwise, we might have to wait upto 20-30 mins. My overall flight experience was really good for which I have shared my review on skytrax.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Do not book Scoot

Scoot is fine as long as you dont want to make changes or if there are any problems

They actually gave me a voucher for $40SGD which i had to spend with them within 12 months

after i had paid $46 for the inflight ipad which they could not provide. complained, they dont care!!!

Next wanted to change a name and a flight with them

$100 each way for a name change, so $200 then $100 for a flight change THEN $300 for the new return date

because they said i had to fly bizz class when the online booking service said there was normal seats for $210 and that was less than i originally paid.

THEY ARE DODGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEWARE :(

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Do not book Scoot

"because they said i had to fly bizz class when the online booking service said there was normal seats for $210 and that was less than i originally paid."

So why not just book a new ticket?

california
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Do not book Scoot

Same here. Scoot's front end absolutely stinks, including the quality of their help desk phone lines and their awful website

30. Re: Do not book Scoot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 04:35

Reply to: Do not book Scoot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted