We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping excess baggage

Uitenhage, Eastern...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping excess baggage

I know I am going to be overweight. There is a corny called excess baggage company who are at the airport. Has anyone used them, and if so were there any problems?

23 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shipping excess baggage

They area very well known, reputable company. No idea about how their prices compare but I wouldn't have any issues using them.

Uitenhage, Eastern...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shipping excess baggage

Thank you - had a bad experience online with uk soccer shop and was worried my baggage may never reach me after being booked in despite the convenience of the company. Much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Shipping excess baggage

I don't know if you're still thinking about shipping but I would not recommend Excess Baggage at all. I left my luggage with them at the end of May in London with the assurance that it would be in Australia in two months, to find out that it only left the UK in August and will not be arriving for another month. The staff were also unresponsive and didn't seem to know where my luggage was or when it would arrive. Not to mention the hidden costs. Definitely would not recommend this company.

Uitenhage, Eastern...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shipping excess baggage

Really sorry to hear that, as we had a totally different experience, where the staff were helpful, efficient, and I sent my luggage from Heathrow to Uitenhage, South Africa, on 10 August and it arrived on 21 August in our little town.

Willunga, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shipping excess baggage

I have used on 2 occasions a company called courier queen who use DHL. I sent 9kgs from London to Adelaide (door to door collection and delivery) for 60GBP and 13.5kgs for 71GBP. It took about a week to arrive. Can't recommend them enough. Their email address is bookings@courierqueen.com. If you send the measurements of the box they will send you a quote.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shipping excess baggage

Any one thinking of shipping Excess Baggage to any where in the world should first check with their airline, as to what the excess baggage charges are to their destination, before engaging a shipping company. I have used Excess Luggage UK for shipping goods bunch.

A) Excess Luggage Company UK

B) Excess Baggage

C) Anglo Pacific

D) Pss Removals

E) All freight

http://www.excessluggage.co.uk/Default.aspx

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Shipping excess baggage

I'm sorry, but this Company is terrible. please go elsewhere. They collected my stuff fine, then tried to overcharge me for my items (the measurements they were using were at least 4 cubic feet over the actual dimensions). After I pointed out their error they corrected the charges. They were then very demanding re quick payment and assured me this was because they had a shipment about to leave. That was nearly two months ago and I still can't get any confirmation from them that my shipment has left the UK. Additionally I set up a special email address just to deal with this shipment and it has been bombarded with nasty fishing emails trying to steal my bank details. No way this could have come from anywhere else as they are the only ones using the email address. I sent an email to two of the customer advisors I have been dealing with and I am getting an "out of office" email which says they are experiencing a high volume of emails and I will have to call them to get a response.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shipping excess baggage

The "fishing" emails don't come from them. I have email addresses I've never used and I get spam

9. Re: Shipping excess baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 12:35

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shipping excess baggage

^^^^^^

I bet.

Reply to: Shipping excess baggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted