We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help required please- aerosols?

Garstang
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help required please- aerosols?

I'm sure this question has been posted before but here goes.

Flying tomorrow with US airways from Manchester, UK to West Palm Beach, Florida via Philadelphia. Blurb says no aerosols, checked or carry on but also says exceptions for toiletries.

Can I take in checked or carry on aerosol sunscreen and shaving gel?

Thanks in advance.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,921 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help required please- aerosols?

Who/what is Blurb?

Sunscreen and shaving gel are fine in both checked and carry on luggage. If carry on, they must be 100 ml or less. Either way make sure caps are secure so they don't accidentally spray all over your luggage if they get knocked around.

Garstang
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help required please- aerosols?

Sorry, local terminology!!

Airline advisory notes!

Thanks, will put in checked.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help required please- aerosols?

I"ve always carried spray sun tan lotion and deodorant and never had any problems (but of course its been in checked baggage).

Garstang
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help required please- aerosols?

Quick question Karenjme.

When you check in and the staff ask the security questions, are you asked if you are carrying aerosols? If so do you say no or do you say yes, but there are just toiletries?

5. Re: Help required please- aerosols?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 20:18