We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Upgrade?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas Upgrade?

Will be flying Qantas Premium Economy LAX to Sydney on the A380. I'd really prefer to be in Business but just couldn't afford $3000 more. Has anyone flown Q Prem Econ lately? Did they offer an upgrade for a small price at check-in? I'm 6'2 and really worried about being cramped. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas Upgrade?

I've never heard of QF offering cut price upgrades at check in or any other time. You should be fine in PE at 6'2" - there's lots of legroom.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas Upgrade?

Like Eva I've never heard of Qantas offering a cheap upgrade at check in.

If you want to fly in business class you need to purchase a business class ticket now. They will only get more expensive as the flight time comes closer. If you are a high level FF you may want to try an upgrade with points but that depends on availability.

Enjoy your time in Australia.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas Upgrade?

Have you booked yet?

If you are lucky to score it, there is actually a great seat on the QF A380 in standard economy, 71D, that doesn't have a seat in front of it so you have loads of leg room.

80A and 80k also have the same set up - but I'm not sure if those seats are available to non frequent flyers....worth looking though.

if you haven't booked - maybe put in a dummy reservation on the qantas site and see if this seat is still available on your dates.

Seat guru QF A380 map here - seatguru.com/airlines/…

Edited: 14 August 2012, 07:54
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,286 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas Upgrade?

There's a fair amount of legroom in PE. They are basically the old Business Class seats before full recline came in.

5. Re: Qantas Upgrade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:16