We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

Hi Everone

I am waiting for the tour operator to get back to me but as I am impatient I thought I would get some opinions here.

In July I booked a two week holiday to Mauritius with airworld , flights with BA. I was flying on Mon 6 May 2013 and returning on 22. I thought I would check out the BA sale today to see if I can afford WT+. Much to my suprise I found out that BA no longer fly to MRU on a Mon and the flight times have changed with a very inconvenient 8.00am return flight instead of an 8.45 pm flight. They now fly on Tuesdays instead of Mondays.

I phoned my booking agent and he told me he had just receivedan email from BA this morning advising him from April the flight times had changed. I told him it wasn't just the times but the dates. He said the email just sayas the times not the dates. He checked the system and found the date had changed and groaned. I asked what my options were and he said he would call BA and get back to me.

Does anyone have any views on what my options might be? Does BA have to put me on the flight on 7th?

TIA

Jo

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

Hi Jo,

This is quite common, especially for flights booked well in advance. Schedules change.. Wait for the agent to get back to you and see what BA offer. It will probably be a full refund, or an alternative flight(s). You can then choose to accept the one or the other.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it - it's a relatively minor change. Check the terms and conditions while you are waiting....

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

Hi

You didn't book with BA, you booked a two week holiday through a travel agent.

Travel agents can do pretty much what they like, re-book you with another airline, make you accept the changes or forfeit your holiday whilst hanging on to the oodles of cash that have already left your pocket.

Book direct in future.

Jackie

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

The schedule was changed today.

airlineroute.net/2012/08/16/ba-mru-s13/

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,478 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

"Does BA have to put me on the flight on 7th?"

If that is when the flight is yes. What are you asking, that BA redo their schedule to fit your needs? I am confused, airlines change schedules all the time, you simply need to be aware it can happen.

Hopefully your tour operator will get it all fixed for you but it really is not BA's fault.

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

Hi Brghton Bell

I am not so much worried about the time change as the day we fly. Due to gon Mon but now no flights that day only Tuesday.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

You booked a package holiday and your rights/obligations in respect of changes to the package booked will be specified in the terms & conditions that were agreed, by both yourself and airworld, when you made the booking.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,147 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

I suggest you just wait for Airworld to sort out your options. Not much you can do before that.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

This is quite common, it's the risk you take when you book so far ahead, hopefully they'll offer you a refund, let us know the outcome.

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
373 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

I havn't heard back from the tou operator I guess I will just have to be patient.

Thank you for all your advice.

Jo

Wales
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA do not fly on the date we have booked - Help needed

I would argue that if the dates you can take your annual leave are restricted, or you have a limited number of days to take, it's not a "relatively minor change"!