We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to fill out an API

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to fill out an API

I posted this on they turkey forum but then realized it belongs here.

I tried to fill out my API on Turkish Airlines (manage my bookings). Everything was fine until I hit "next.". It won't let me proceed because i have not included the Visa number and date of issuance. But since I don't get the visa until i get to turkey, how am i supposed to know this information?

I've never had trouble filling out the API before.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to fill out an API

I'm bumping this cuz I'm running out of time!

I've called Turkish ("we're just a call center, email Turkish air") which I did....weeks ago. No response except to "go to the website." um yeah that's where I started.

They might be great in the air, but their website sucks and their phone customer service isn't much better. (yes this is the voice of frustration you hear--they probably herd me in the next state)

So....do i just take my chances and go to the airport?

Thanks (she says desperately)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to fill out an API

Heard not herd. Sorry!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,982 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to fill out an API

Don't know if this will help, but it looks like you can do it at the airport (but this was UK):-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k42…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to fill out an API

yes i saw this thread before, seems to be a common problem! i hate to hold people up at the airport but...i don't see any other choice.

thanks, tho.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to fill out an API

Who did you book with, can they help you?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to fill out an API

I booked directly with the airline online, like I always do.

I still have heard nothing from anyone.

7. Re: Trying to fill out an API

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:17