We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

I have been reading horror stories about Sunwing airlines (mostly for Europeon flights to Canada) but it's still the same airline.

We bought a vacation package to Cancun from Vacation Express who are now using Sunwing airlines flying from Cincinnati and I am getting more nervous the more I read about Sunwing.

Has anyone else used them from the US to Cancun (or elsewhere?) Did they leave on time? How are the seats? I heard they have very little leg room. What was the quality of the flight overall?

Thanks in advance,

Beechluver

Moores Hill, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

We flew out of CVG last Feb. on sunwing. As for leaving on time.... LOL we were suppose to leave on Sun. the 10th at 4:30. We , of course were there 2 hrs. before departure as ask by sunwing. They announced at 3:30 that the flight was delayed due to snow storm in Canada.(it was 50 degree here.) And so about 4 they announced it was delayed until yhe following morning at 8:30. we were dropped off by the way. They did put us up at a local hotel. Next Morning....we were informed delayed until 11:00 am. check out time. shuttle shows up to take us to air port. we set there for a few hrs. Now the flight was scheduled for 6 pm.lol I9 :30 that night we boarded plane and arrived in cacun at 3:30 am. checked in at 4:30. Tuesday morning. As for any type of comp. SUNWING gave the wife and I $100.00 each airline discounts not to be used with any package deal. So what do we do with them ? Not sure what Hotel you are staying at. HOPFULLY not the GRAND OASIS VIVA. hope this helps

32. Re: Has anyone flown Sunwing Airlines from Cincinnati to Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:17