We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA wont print Boarding Pass

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
BA wont print Boarding Pass

I have a flight booked with BA for tomorrow, Flying Edinburgh to London Gatwick, then change planes to Tampa.Did online check in this morning, and printed boarding pass to London, but will not issue boarding pass to Tampa, says I have to see check in staff. My sister's boarding passes were issued without problem. Anyone any ideas why?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,550 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

Upgrade ?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

Could be no more seats available for assignment right now. Could be you were flagged for extra security for some reason. Could be a lot of things. Calling BA might take care of it, or at least give you more info. Without access to BA's systems to know why, not much anyone here could tell you.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

Have you completed your advance passenger information for the USA.

The only other suggestion I have is a couple of years ago I could not print the pass for one of the members of my party because they had the same initial as another but then you printed the pass to LGW? So I guess it can't be that.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

now that would be a bonus, but i doubt it barbexpat.but it has got me worrying now

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

Tell us when you find out

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

This happened to my 19 year old daughter when we were flying GLA-LHR-LAX this summer.

I had done OLCI for all 5 of us, but hers were the only BP's that wouldn't print.

When we arrived at GLA the check-in agent told us that she had been randomly selected for additional screening by the US govt. this consisted of a couple of extra questions and a pat-down and extra carry-on search before boarding te transatlantic flight.

We never did find out why she was chosen, I was told it is a purely random thing.

Don't worry about it. Have a safe and fun trip!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

hi Zafiragirl,

Just spent 20 mins on to Customer services, where a very helpful guy went out of his way to check up for me.

Apparently it is the same reason as yourself, I have been selected for a random additional screening, my seats are as booked, and , as long as I pass screening, free to go.

Must admit though, you do get paranoid and wonder why?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

One of life's great mysteries!

Glad you got it sorted out. Have a great time :)

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

Have you done your ESTA?

Perhaps they saw your boat and thought you were a boat person!!!

Enjoy your trip x

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA wont print Boarding Pass

Expert flyer will not show the seating chart for tomorrow,so maybe BA is planning an aircraft change.