We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Topic
Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

I heard Ryanair seats are uncomfortable and they constantly try to sell you things but do do easyjet and they're not that bad.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

"it's the fact that most of their airports aren't in the city "

Out of about 170 airports served, about 15 or so are not the main airport for the city listed. It's something to be aware of or sure but it's far from a majority of airports that are secondary (or worse) airports.

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

between the wife and i we have flown Ryanair several dozen times and been late maybe once.

flying them again next week. Very cheaply, though would have cost the same as national carrier Austrian airlines had we needed to take plenty of luggage.

Ryanair generally cheaper than Easyjet. real bargains to be had on certain routes with hand luggage only., even with the fees.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 10:33
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,547 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

It's funny but I've noticed that every time there is a thread about Ryanair most of the respondents fall roughly into one of 3 categories:

- those who have read the T&Cs, accept the airline for what it is and are happy that they are getting low cost travel.

- those who haven't read the T&Cs or think they don't apply in their very special case and object strenuously to the well publicized consequences. Often, unfortunately, they are the one post ranters.

- those who are very derogatory about the airline but have never actually flown with them and are not speaking from first hand experience. Generally these people seem to be in the fortunate position where the cost of a ticket is not the highest priority.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 10:35
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

I'm amazed, but shouldn't be, that there are extremely negative comments here from people that in other posts have said they have never used Ryanair and never will.

Used them many times over the last year or so without any issues; both with and without hold luggage. The leg room isn't too bad but for an extra £10 per flight segment you can have an extra leg room seat. Far more leg room than on the Thomson plane we flew on earlier this year.

As others have said be aware of T&C, where the airports are and then decide based on the bottom line price. They are not my favourite airline but they do what they say.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

Hi

Just been to Skavsta and back for £32. Planes early in both directions and sitting on the bus being driven into Stockholm within fifteen minutes of landing.

Skavsta is further away than Arlanda but I would like to bet that it is quicker to get from London to Stockholm Cityterminal than flying into the main airport.

Am flying Norwegian into Arlanda later this year so I will do a comparison then of the efficiency of both airports.

Ryanair are just fine, they get you from A to B for a pittance if you play the game.

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

The answer is yes - avoid at all costs, easyjet is for better

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

I definitely prefer to fly easyJet over Ryanair. Most flyers though listen to their pocket's than anything else. Ryanair usually are the cheaper option. I think easyJet crew are friendlier and interact with passengers in a much more natural way. Ryanair crew are a real mix of European nationalities, and I have been on Ryanair flights where these nationalities just do not seem to mix well and the crew do not gel at all! My latest Ryanair flight was a Luton to Las Palmas and return. the flight out was packed. (Lots of people listening to their pockets) For the just about the whole flight, we were subjected to a constant barage of PA's selling , selling, selling and selling. The lady purser on the outbound flight was Scottish, and her use of the onboard Pa was appalling. If she had tried to sound like she wasn't a robot and actually tried Speaking English and not some garbled monotonous Scottish version of it, maybe the sales PA's might have at least been entertaining or have produced the desired results, but as it was many passengers were looking at each other in total confusion as to what she was even talking about. The other three crew were Spanish and even with heavy accent's their PA's were much better. I was really ready to land after two hours but no, we were subjected to another two hours of sales hell, breo watches, snacks, mapsm scratch cards.

Seating on Ryanair is ok if you are about 5ft 11ins, I am 6ft 2ins and it a bit uncomfortable on their 737's in max seating density. And yes easyJet Airbus A319/320's are much more comfortable in the same maximum layout. WHY? Because Airbus's do allow for more room - Fact. I really do know what I am talking about here, trust me. Try sitting on a charter flight Boeing 757 and the same airline's A320, you will see the difference. Anyway what makes the biggest difference for seat pitch at easyjet is the fact the actual seats are much thinner, with no loss of overall comfort. this gives a little more knee room. Plus having a seat pocket on easyJet always helps, I cant stand having everything sat on my lap or sliding around on the floor as is the case on Ryanair.

A longwinded response, but alas I can skip my therapy session this week, thanks. (More cash saved for the next easyJet adventure)

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

Great post Evamelb.

I couldn't give a rats behind about how well the staff get on due to their different nationalities or if their interactions with me are genuine or not. I Board the always on time plane, take off, Listen to my 2 albums on my Ipod and i arrive at London stansted from Czech republic for the price of 50 euros.

What's not to like.

Edited: 28 August 2012, 12:44
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

According to seatguru.com Ryanair have a larger seat pitch. So how can Easyet be more spacious?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,591 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Is Ryanair worse than easyjet

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't say anything though since TandWtraveller claims to really know what he's talking about :)

Edited: 28 August 2012, 13:11