We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tweezers in hand luggage

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Tweezers in hand luggage

Got a couple of flights coming up (Aer Lingus and Ryanair) where I plan to travel with just carry-on.

Have read the "Prohibited items" and tweezers are not mentioned, but I did have a pair confiscated in Aus when I forgot they were in my make up bag.

Any one got though with them? Have the regs relaxed or does it depend on departure airport/which side of the bed the security person got out of that morning?

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

Who would do THAT? :-)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

The nail clippers were my husbands. They've been to many places in his hand luggage, including the Middle East, and had only just come back from a Zurich flight, but Blackpool security didn't like them.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

LOL I daresay the well travelled nail clippers didn't think much of them, either, they've been all around the world only to find they're disliked in ....Blackpool? The poor things, give them my best regards.

London
Level Contributor
25 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

Did they give you a forwarding address?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

As you said initially, it does depend on the departure airport/side of the bed stuff. Some places get twitchy about nail clippers....

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
46. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

This will give you the full current list of what is allowed....as you can see under personal items, tweezers are allowed.

https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

So are scissors with a blade under 6cm and nail clippers, but it doesn't stop security taking them off you!

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

Sooo...maybe put the tweezers in the 100ml bottle, then fill the bottle with the suncream. :)

49. Re: Tweezers in hand luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:15