We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,881 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We leave for Paris next week and have decided not to take the RER into Paris from CDG as we've done in the past.

I was looking into the Air France (which we are flying) Super Shuttle service, which appears to be a smallish van that you share with other people - but which deposits you directly in front of your accomodations.

We were also thinking of taking a cab into Paris (we always take one back to the airport for the return home flight) - and I'm just wondering what people's experiences were with Super Shuttle.

I appreciate very much any input!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

I took the Air France shuttle into Paris in 2008. We were traveling from India back to the US and stayed a few days in Paris on the return. I had a good experience and thought it was reasonable priced.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,881 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

For clarification, this is the shuttle I'm talking about (it was on the Air France website) -

https:/…Default.aspx

I know that Air France operates a coach service as well (a bus) - this super shuttle appears to not be an "Air France product" - but a recommended service.

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Didn't take that "Super shuttle" service in Paris. Tried a couple of similar services in the US and stopped because of the lack of reliability (especially when you have to take a flight!). In Paris, the RER is not very commendable in my view (it goes through difficult neighbourhoods -> safety concern notably in the evening) and it is slow. So there I end up taking a cab in most of the cases (about EUR 50)...

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,881 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

We've used the RER to get into Paris the last 2 years from CDG and actually enjoyed the experience (my first trip to Paris in 2010 we did it, and it was really wonderful!) - but this year we are doing more pampered travel as a treat for our anniversary - so I think at this point we have more or less decided to take a taxi to the flat from the airport - we always take one going back to CDG when flying home - so probably a good option for us this year.

Thank you for the responses - much appreciated!

Malama Pono (take care)

Janet

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Hi Janet,

You've likely already finished your trip, but just in case you haven't...I just returned from Paris and my sister and I used SuperShuttle for two directions of transfer - Orly airport to our hotel near the Eiffel Tower, and our hotel to CDG airport. The inbound transfer cost E$40 for two of us (E$25 for the first person, then $15 for the second) compared to E$90 we were charged for private car transfer the week before from our apartment rental in Marais. We did get really good at taking the metro and its certainly convenient and cheap, but Orly is a little more challenging to get to from that area and would have taken several transfers with heavy rolling luggage. We opted for the shared shuttle and it was perfect. We lucked out and had the van (unmarked, executive look) to ourselves! The usual protocol is that you call them on arrival - in spite of confirmed booking a week or more before - and they'll relay a meeting venue. We didn't even have to do that - our driver was waiting with our name on his iPad when we arrived at baggage pickup. He helped us with our bags and we were at the hotel in less than 30 minutes. On the outbound trip we paid E$42 for two. We shared the van with one businessman. We were given a pickup timeslot of 7:20-7:35 and were picked up at 7:30am. The businessman was picked up at 7:35. We were at CDG shortly after 8am. My only criticism would be that the driver played rap loudly on his MP3 player the whole drive to CDG. He should have read the audience and modified his music selection. I don't mind rap but full volume lyrics about hot a** and jiggy at 7:30am is a bit much... and likely not the professional image they want to portray. My older sister and the businessman were not impressed. Overall, great value for the money and we took planes, trains, automobiles, metro and RER on our trip and this was the least stressful, convenient option.

Malama Pono,

Laura

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Thank you for the post regarding Air France Super Shuttle from CDG to/from your hotel. We are traveling to France on a tight budget and was considering all options for getting to/from our hotel and the airport.

Redington Shores...
Level Contributor
211 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

Paris VIP limo gave superior service to me and several friends Apr--June '14. With the likelihood of gridlock traffic EITHER way, their flat rates, which include tax and tip, are reasonal. The Express private car for 3 from CDG into Paris was E59 and included being met just beyond Customs by our driver with a placard displaying my name. But the real draw was excellent service, English speaking drivers AND telephone agents, always punctual arrivals, and very prompt email replies. During my recent six weeks in the Latin Qtr, I engaged VIP seven times; the night before our return to CDG, I had a small timing crisis, and Hugo helped with a working solution patiently and efficiently. I'll always go out of my way to use them In Paris and other major cities: resa@parisviplimo.com. They have a toll free number in Paris: 0800-508-928.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 13:24
8. Re: Air France Super Shuttle into Paris from CDG - ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 07:15