We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates meal selection

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates meal selection

Hi all, so everybody gets the standard meal but I see on manage my booking I can change to different meals, I'm thinking of the seafood meal can anybody let me know if they tried it what did they think of it, thank you in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates meal selection

I ordered the seafood meal last year as I don't eat meat or chicken, but do eat fish (I know it's not logical). Can't remember exactly what I got but it was perfectly acceptable, pity other airlines don't offer the same option

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates meal selection

BA offers a choice of meal option

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates meal selection

barbexpat ...... erm the poster is managing their booking with Emirates so am guessing that the meals that are served on BA are irrelevant?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates meal selection

My companion has had the seafood meal... quite nice. I think it was prawns with some kind of Southeast Asian style cooking method. This was from BKK-HKG.

I think Emirates catering is generally very good (I always get Indian vegetarian meal, personally)...

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates meal selection

Even if someone has had the seafood option, it isn't always the same.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates meal selection

I will find out in 8 days as I am flying SEA-DXB-AMD and ordered a Seafood meal on the first and standard meal on the second. Very excited to fly Emirates again. We flew LAX-DXB-BOM earlier this year with our 10 month old and it was a very smooth journey. My wife's birthday fell on the day we were flying so I had even made a special request by calling the EK office and requesting a cake (free). They come out with a polaroid camera and present the cake and give you couple of pictures while in flight. Cake is a good size round one which 3-4 people can easily eat. Love EK!

Edited: 20 November 2012, 23:38
7. Re: Emirates meal selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 04:17